Rock Raiders Dont Work :( Because Of D3Drm.dll

kh498

d3drm.dll .......... d3drm.dll what a jerk file.

I found the game today. I mean rock raiders so I innstalled it and the the f***ing d3drm error come up

I have tried to fix it for 2 houres but I narly impossible. At last i sign in here to get you guys to help me...

this is what I did:

I took it in the innstaltion folder and system32 folder. I get no error but the game dont start.

The loading screen come up, then nothing happen. can someone please help me.

the pc I use is a new samsung pc whit win 7 home prenium

I have tried to run it as admin, win 95/98 and all that

Edited by kh498

d3drm is just a direct 3d library, it used to be a part of old versions of Direct X, but is no longer. The fact that the error is not coming up any more means its working. What you now have is a different problem.

First things first. Have your tried compatibility mode, setting it to run in 256 colours, 640x480, disabling desktop composition, running in admin mode etc?

You're using either Vista or Windows 7, so you'll probably need to run the game in compatibility mode. Right-click the shortcut for the game, go to the Compatibility tab, then choose either Windows 98 or Windows 2000 for the compatibility settings. I get best results with Windows 2000.

One quick note: Some systems require you to put in the WINDOWS\System directory, but I doubt that's going to be the case here.

Also, in future, it helps if you post your computers specs in the first post so we can sort of narrow down the problem faster.

DO NOT DOWNLOAD ANYTHING! i had the same problem... windows 7 doenst matter, youre missing a file and its on the CD

IF YOU DOWNLOADED ANYTHING, DELETE IT!

it could be a trojan horse or any other kind of virus, besides you have to know where to put it anyway... shame on you rockraider pascal

1.) look in your CD drive under \DirectX6\DirectX6\Directx

you should see D3DRM.DLL about 6 icons down

2.) right click, copy the file, and paste it in your LRR directory... directly on the main folder.

3.) try running the game :D

my LRR file is in C:\Program Files (x86)\LEGO Media\Rock Raiders yours may be different... i cons look like this.

Data

Registration

CLGen

CLGen

d3drm.dll

LegoRR

and so on...

i was stuck for quite some time by just downloading it to my drive, but it has to be in the LRR folder to work properly

just for good measure i have my compatiblity settings set to Compatibility mode: Vista, Disable visual themes, Disable Desktop composition, and Disable scaling on high DPI settings, with privilege level set to admin. dont know if the last bit acctually helps but i run all my old games like that...

anywho, hope this helps you get to play the game.

One quick note: Some systems require you to put in the WINDOWS\System directory, but I doubt that's going to be the case here.

Also, in future, it helps if you post your computers specs in the first post so we can sort of narrow down the problem faster.

Also not to shoot you down but i tried this also... it didnt help and i gave up on the game for quite some time... i randomly had a brain fart to put it in the LRR directory and it worked like a charm... xD it may be different for some though, but what i posted previously was the fix for windows 7

ah! on one more thing... setting it to run in 256 colours, 640x480 doesnt work, it will just make it look like poo... yeah im calling you out too Cyrem...

PS: i had the same problem with Submarine Titans, this fix worked for that d3drm.dll error too :D

Also not to shoot you down but i tried this also... it didnt help and i gave up on the game for quite some time... i randomly had a brain fart to put it in the LRR directory and it worked like a charm... xD it may be different for some though, but what i posted previously was the fix for windows 7

ah! on one more thing... setting it to run in 256 colours, 640x480 doesnt work, it will just make it look like poo... yeah im calling you out too Cyrem...

PS: i had the same problem with Submarine Titans, this fix worked for that d3drm.dll error too :D

There is actually a required command line process to install a DLL directly into Windows. If the DLL is not installed via the command prompt, then the DLL must be located in the same directory as the executable UNLESS the executable specifically calls the DLL from a directory.

I ran into a similar issue with Windows XP. Rock Raiders was looking for a DLL that as of Windows NT 5.0 was no longer included in the System32 directory. (Some 16-bit something or another, I can't remember...) I actually tried adding it to the Rock Raiders directory but it turned out a system DLL was calling it (which may mean that with a little work any version of Windows can be modded with legacy support for programs built for earlier versions of the os, or even other operating systems entirely).

There is actually a required command line process to install a DLL directly into Windows. If the DLL is not installed via the command prompt, then the DLL must be located in the same directory as the executable UNLESS the executable specifically calls the DLL from a directory.

REGSVR32

Register or unregister a DLL.

Syntax

REGSVR32 [/C] [/i:[Command_Line]] DLL_Name

REGSVR32 [/C] /N /I:[Command_Line] DLL_Name

Key

/u Unregister Server.

/s Silent - no dialogue boxes.

/c Console output.

/n Don't call DllRegisterServer

/i Call DllInstall (or DllUninstall if /u is specified)

Command_Line An optional command line for DllInstall

Examples

Unregister (disable) XP Zip folders

REGSVR32 /u C:\Windows\System32\zipfldr.dll

Unregister (Disable) CAB file viewer:

REGSVR32 /u C:\Windows\System32\cabview.dll

Register (enable) XP Zip folders

REGSVR32 zipfldr.dll

Register (enable) CAB file viewer:

REGSVR32 cabview.dll

Should have known...I use this all the time to disable and enable certain things (usually relating to DirectX on the school computers which I obtained admin).

Retrieved from http://ss64.com/nt/regsvr32.html.

Oh lol, somebody noticed d3drm is on the CD.

I ran into a similar issue with Windows XP. Rock Raiders was looking for a DLL that as of Windows NT 5.0 was no longer included in the System32 directory. (Some 16-bit something or another, I can't remember...) I actually tried adding it to the Rock Raiders directory but it turned out a system DLL was calling it (which may mean that with a little work any version of Windows can be modded with legacy support for programs built for earlier versions of the os, or even other operating systems entirely).

No need for registering d3drm for RR. it will take it from system32 or the local directory.

Good thing too. Otherwise all the computer newbies using newer versions of windows would either ragequit for not knowing how to do it (Or UAC), or be too scared to do all this 'fancy' stuff to get it working.

Honestly, I never had to register a DLL to get something to work...

Honestly, I never had to register a DLL to get something to work...

I have...in fact, I spent all of a day weeks ago trying to re-register Windows Update because it borked...I don't use it, but XP bluescreens and whatnot if you don't fix the issue...

You can also put D3DRM.DLL into the LRR file directory. I did this and it worked for me on my Vista and win 7 computhers.

Exactly what we were saying before...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.