Eye of the Sage

LockmanCapulet

LockmanCapulet

I posted this on the old forum, posting it here too. By me, based on Eye of the Oracle by Bryan Davis. Word document attached.

Can’t let them break through… Shaka thought. Ever since the seal of the Sages was set, the dragon had been assigned as guard of the temple. Not only did it house the entrance to the Sacred Realm, but even more importantly, to the Deku Tree, a tree whose fruit had the power to give eternal life on the earth. These two attacking women violated the code of the Sages, so Shaka had permission to kill them.

She swooped in and spat a fireball at them. It missed as the women, who apparently were Gerudo, rolled in opposite directions. One of the women, Kotake, pulled a seed from a pouch. “Give me darkness!†she cried as she threw it onto the ground. A ball of black smoke enveloped the two women. Koume suddenly found it hard to breathe, but she held her ground.

Kotake grabbed Koume’s arm and dragged her away. When they reached a cave, they crawled inside. Kotake started a fire and soon was using it to cook up a potion. “This will not be easy…†she muttered. “Without any Deku Nuts, it will be harder to gain immortality. I have already taken one step towards it by gaining the power of Agahnim. This power has allowed me to see into the future at what might happen.â€

“What might happen?†Koume questioned.

“Yes. Life is the ultimate game of chance, with millions of possibilities. I know the results of every choice that could be made and the results of the subsequent choices, and so on.†Kotake stirred the potion she had been brewing and added a drop of purple liquid to the mix. “We must prepare ourselves to carry the seed that my master will plant.†She crushed the root that she was stirring the potion with and added it to the mixture. Then in a low voice she sang:

O Phantom of the midnight skies,

The king of darkness, bane of light,

The time has come to plant your seed,

So give us now the gift of flight.

Kotake took a long drink of the potion and handed the cup to Koume. “Drink it,†Kotake ordered, “or you won’t be able to survive the upcoming flood.†Koume smelled the potion. So tempting…her throat suddenly became extremely dry. She had to drink. She had to!

Koume took a sip of the potion, gagged, and threw the cup against the cave wall. “That was terrible!†she yelled. “Now I am going to turn into something disgusting, aren’t I?â€

“Do not question the power of Agahnim!†Kotake barked. “Things are going according to plan. Yeshua has done exactly what I knew he would do. It is only a matter of time before we act out our next move…â€

As Shaka flew over the field, she saw the two Gerudo women leave a cave and walk toward the canyon village. They didn’t look back.

Agahnim glided toward the temple. He entered and walked to the sword-bearing Farorite guarding the Gate of the Tree. He spoke in his former voice to the guard. “You are relieved. Hand me that sword and return to the heavens.â€

The angel responded, “You have the wings of a Nayrite. I was commanded to be stationed here by the archangel Din. Only she or Yeshua himself may command me otherwise.â€

Angry at this Farorite’s incompetence, Agahnim shot a beam of darkness from his eyes. The dark sludge spread over the Farorite’s body as Agahnim rammed him through the gate into the tree trunk. The sword flew from the angel’s hand and was driven through a branch of the tree.

The two of them continued wrestling until a loud voice sounded from a nearby cloud. “Leave this sacred place, you demon! Go back to that fire pit from which you came!†Suddenly, Din flew out from nowhere and slammed into Agahnim. She drew her own sword and ignited its beam. Another flaming sword? How? Agahnim thought. He leapt toward the branch that the Farorite’s sword was embedded in and pulled the blade out. He tried to activate the beam, but the sword would not even spark.

Din chuckled to herself and said, “Yes, there are two swords with the power of fire. The one you bear is much more powerful, although its power will not work in the hands of an impure bearer.†She swung the blade’s beam into the air, creating a golden translucent shield around the tree as the Farorite shoved Agahnim out of the Sacred Realm, back into the Temple of Time.

Suddenly, the gate to the Sacred Realm shone so bright that Agahnim couldn’t look at it. Din’s voice boomed from inside. “The Sacred Realm must never be accessed by any non-divine being. It will now be taken to the heavens, along with the Deku Tree.†When the light died down, all that Agahnim could see was an empty chamber. Annoyed, he warped out using his dark power.

The Farorite flew out of the Temple and called to the dragon, “Shaka! Come!†She glided down to where he stood. “You are relieved of your post,†the angel explained. “There is nothing left to guard. The Tree has been moved to Heaven for safekeeping.â€

“They’re all gone?†Koume asked.

“Yes. Now is our chance.†Kotake dashed to the temple with Koume close behind. They entered the temple and walked to the broken gate. They glanced through to the back chamber and saw where the sword had been driven into a pedestal in the center of the room by the Farorite guard.

“That’s…that’s…†Koume marveled at the blade.

“The Master Sword.†Kotake said. She walked forward and grasped the blade’s handle. After yanking it from the pedestal, she noticed a large nut on the floor. She picked it up and examined it closely. “A…a Deku Fruit!†She wanted so much to eat it, to be given eternal life, but she knew that she couldn’t for her plan to work. She set the nut on the floor and used the sword to slice it cleanly in half. She reached down and lifted both halves, tossing one to Koume. “Pluck the seeds, but don’t eat the fruit. Toss the seeds back to me.â€

Koume plucked the seeds from her half and examined them in her palm. “They look like that yellow gem in the sword!â€

“…Hm, you’re right. Give me the seeds.†Kotake took them from Koume’s outstretched hand. “These are the seeds of corruption, and those who control the corrupting influence control the corrupted.â€

chapter 1.doc

• 3 years later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.