• Yes
    • No
    • Obviously
  4. 4.

• They have rights
    • LEGO® deserves it
    • megablocks is secretly a secret LEGO® company
    • To get money
    • So little kids will ask for LEGO® but theire parents don't know what LEGO® are so they get them megablocks
    • Stop, I love megablocks!!!!
  5. 5.

• do nothing
    • kill megablocks
    • die
    • look for more good in the world
  6. 6.

• yes
    • no

Here's to megablocks xD , your a cheap, no good, sickeningly colored, money stealing, LEGO® collection ruining, trashy desighned, nonoriganal, pile of junk, blockish things. You should keep to making baby toys.

Mega blocks actually aren't that bad....the created some AWESOME original sets (i.e. the small vehicles that came in the translucent plastic container or the air gliders that came on the cans ) while LEGO® was busy selling out to every movie they could. MB even just recently made Halo sets :D My point: if LEGO® isn't gonna be original anymore, whoever still has their creative brains in their head gets my vote. Hey, they both fit together, so it's not like your're switching from Windows to Mac or anything...<_<

Well I agree I changed my vote because I remembered that I got a megablocks military Tank/ troopcarying thingy this one Christmas, and it wasn't has bad, it took some time to make it but it was good, so their not a bad company, at least megablock dosn't reuse a theme and make it a peice of crap like how LEGO® turned RR into Power Miners.

They use very cheap plastic, disgusting to work with. They aren't a secret LEGO® company since LEGO® sued them for copying their brick design, however LEGO®'s patents had expired and they were allowed to continue.

MegaBlok's plastic is actually lighter than Lego's plastic, so if you incorporate MegaBlocks into internal struts and supports in a huge build, you can observe a noticeable decrease in weight. Okay, it's not going to be more than one or two ounces on a GIGANTIC build, but I use them where they won't be seen. I can save the Legos for the exterior, but to be honest white MegaBloks don't turn yellow when they get old, they just get slightly transparent. Very slightly.

They use very cheap plastic, disgusting to work with. They aren't a secret LEGO® company since LEGO® sued them for copying their brick design, however LEGO®'s patents had expired and they were allowed to continue.

I was fooling around with the secret lego company thing :D .

Megablocks has Halo.

Thats true, but they have mostly based their stuff around licensed themes which Lego hasn't done a lot of up until the past few years and it's getting annoying because of the custom parts.

I know, I hate those new, disgusting, babyish disney things it's coming out with. What's the deal with Ben 10??? It's a little kid show plus it is taking the place of Bionicle!!! You disapoint me l e g o

*Takes out sledge hammer*

Retsnom Kcor

I had some of them "MegaBloks Dragons" set thingies. They never stayed together, so I sold them. And I found the instructions hard to understand.

Retsnom

JrMasterModelBuilder

Megablocks has Halo.

Thats true, but they have mostly based their stuff around licensed themes which Lego hasn't done a lot of up until the past few years and it's getting annoying because of the custom parts.

I saw a store display of their Halo sets once, and they just looked terrible. All the parts looked warped, and had a wierd color to then. Huge gaps between pieces too. I've never actually bought any, but that's not about to change.

BTW, who cares if I like cheese? :P

DeactivatedAccount

Megeblocks uses indearor plastic that dont hold well togeather.

But on the positive MegaBlocks did do a Halo line. *Yes, a cheap verson of Lego Halo*

Aki Dazrold

But on the positive MegaBlocks did do a Halo line. *Yes, a cheap verson of Lego Halo*

That was slow. I made that post already.

Wait, what do you mean, "Lego Halo"? When did Lego do a Halo set? O_O

TheEPICtrainrider

That was slow. I made that post already.

Wait, what do you mean, "Lego Halo"? When did Lego do a Halo set? O_O

Here's the game trailer.

This pretty much sums up what Lego halo is going to be like. *I've been wanted to post this for a while*

• 1 month later...

As a big Halo fan, you would think I have bought one of these sets. No, I have not.

I have only on Mega-Blocks set, which my friend gave me when he didn't wanted. HE TRICKED ME INTO THINKING IT WAS LEGO!!!!

Curse you Mega-block.

• 8 months later...

Ahem:

gallery_1300_107_95935.jpg

Megablocks uses polystyrene for the elements you are complaining about.

And they actualy don't mind making a M1A1, which in this case has been turned into a MQ-1.

Is that a fire extinguisher I see in the background O_O

Megablocks doesn't focus on the needs of little kids, and they don't care about violence in their themes. Look at how they have halo, pretty violent game (I don't play it because the story is a bit awkward, and the swearing gets annoying). I don't like megablocks because of the feeling of the plastic. It's a strange dry feeling, and isn't that smooth.

Wow, I just realized I made this topic fifty bazillion years ago.

Let's look at some posts on a Mega Bloks forum, shall we?

Unfortunately for my wife I tend to buy a lot of Mega Bloks Halo sets (at present I would guess the total number I have purchase to date to exceed 40 strike that, 60 is more likely). Due to my affinity for Warthogs and specifically for Warthogs in green I have purchased perhaps 8 green ones and I have 4 Pelicans. None of this is meant to boast but merely to demonstrate that I tend to see more of the defective/missing pieces than most merely in consequence of the number of sets I buy.

Now to the point. I have had some trouble with the parts engine which I have yet to see rectified even after notifying Mega multiple times of the problems. They are:

1. The engine fails to recognize valid set numbers. Just this weekend I attempted to order a replacement door for a defective mold on an ODST Sniper Drop Pod and it would not recognise the set number (96861).

2. Even when the engine recognizes the set number it at times fails to recogize a valid part number.

3. Although I receive confirmation of my order I do not always receive the items I ordered but I never receive any notice of rejection or a need for additional information. I am confused as to why that may be. If my order is accepted and no further information is required why do I then never see the pieces I ordered?

Unfortunately calling customer service has not yielded any results as they are often unable to answer. I would appreciate any assistance you can offer or any updates which can be made to the engine which might resolve these issues. Thank you in advance.

Hello all,

Back in November I purchased a Halo Pelican boxed set. I was so excited, but nervous. I am still very new to building block sets. I initially got started more because of the Halo mini-figures of the spartans, elites, etc... I started to pick up the occasional small or medium set. But I got a gift card for my birthday and decided to pick it up.

Unfortunately I got to step 11 and realized that I was missing a piece. I then looked parts list in the front and realized that there should be 25 of this piece! I then went through and organized ever single piece, giving each group of piece their own ziplock bags so that I could do a full inventory of anything that was possibly missing. I found that there were several different pieces missing, and total a little over 30 pieces missing.

I went to the customer service section of the Mega Brands website and noticed the Request center. Because they only allow 10 pieces per order, I had to fill out a few orders. But I filled them all out correctly. Just a few minutes later I received e-mail confirmations of my parts request, saying that all of my orders were approved. So I waited for them to come in the mail, but nothing showed. I waited patiently figuring that the process might be a little slow. But then it was over a month. So, I went to the request forms again, figuring that my orders were lost. I filled out new orders for the pieces, but this time I didn't even receive a message. There was no confirmation or anything. So, now it's been well over 2 months. So I was hoping to see if any of you guys have had any difficulties getting pieces, and what you have done.

And bear in mind, I am not complaining about MB or anything like that. I LOVE the stuff Mega Bloks are putting out. I have a getting the smaller dragons for years now, and have loved every Halo set that I have gotten thus far. It's just that the Pelican looks so awesome in the pics put together, and with it being my first large set, I am getting really antsy to get this thing built so that I can display a nice little battle scene/troop drop off with my other halo figures.

The pieces I am missing from Halo Pelican set # 96824 are:

AM07629AJM x25

AM16680AJM x2

AM03770AJM x1

AM17115MM x4

AM09268MM x1

Thank you for any help you guys have! I really appreciate it.

Eric

EPIC. FAIL.

Use a solvent to fix broken parts, that bridge was custom made near the scene of the photoshoot using solvent and a multitool, and it is of the same polymer.

Oh lol. I've never had to repair any sort of LEGO brick or use any form of custom part, I've always been able to build whatever I want with official parts.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.