• Yes
    • No
    • Obviously
  4. 4.

• They have rights
    • LEGO® deserves it
    • megablocks is secretly a secret LEGO® company
    • To get money
    • So little kids will ask for LEGO® but theire parents don't know what LEGO® are so they get them megablocks
    • Stop, I love megablocks!!!!
  5. 5.

• do nothing
    • kill megablocks
    • die
    • look for more good in the world
  6. 6.

• yes
    • no

Mega Blocks isn't that bad. I actually enjoyed their older dragons line. It was quite cool, plus the dragons from the original line had glowing eyes when you inserted the treasure that came with them on their chest. Loved that figure. Do I like their mini figures? Not really. I hate Halo too. They eventually milked the Dragons sets and it got annoying so I stopped bothering.

Although MEGA BLOKS is Canadian (GASP!), made SOME cool things (Dragons? Halo? War things?), THEY MUST DIE. LEGO patented their bricks back in 1958, so how can Mega Bloks legally sell their product??

Also, I got a magnetic HALO SPARTAN II for Christmas (as well as a PM Claw Catcher...), and the waist always falls off! Why do I even keep it??

Although MEGA BLOKS is Canadian (GASP!), made SOME cool things (Dragons? Halo? War things?), THEY MUST DIE. LEGO patented their bricks back in 1958, so how can Mega Bloks legally sell their product??

The point of a patent is to protect new ideas. If I invent something and want to sell it, other people could copy it, claim it as their own, and sell it more cheaply once I release mine. I would lose out on the opportunity to make money on my idea. Patents allow someone to sell their product or idea for a certain amount of time and legally prove that it is they who created the product or idea. Patents will eventually expire after... 15 years I think, but I'm sure it varies. After that time, anyone may sell similar products.

Tauka Usanake

The point of a patent is to protect new ideas. If I invent something and want to sell it, other people could copy it, claim it as their own, and sell it more cheaply once I release mine. I would lose out on the opportunity to make money on my idea. Patents allow someone to sell their product or idea for a certain amount of time and legally prove that it is they who created the product or idea. Patents will eventually expire after... 15 years I think, but I'm sure it varies. After that time, anyone may sell similar products.

I wonder about that 15 years thing. I recall when the Nintendo Wii came out no too long later did I find a cheap lookalike at Toys R Us. It wasn't Nintendo or any game complany mind but third party junk. Same look and wireless use. Had preloaded games however.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.