Time Raiders

Cirevam

The regular Rock Monster is staying but is getting a new set of textures plus a few animation changes. The rest are getting replaced by nastier versions. Ice Monster -> Crystal Warrior, Lava Monster -> Metal Monster, Slimy Slug -> Ghost Slug. Bats become Spectres which don't bother your raiders.

• Like 2

The regular Rock Monster is staying but is getting a new set of textures plus a few animation changes. The rest are getting replaced by nastier versions. Ice Monster -> Crystal Warrior, Lava Monster -> Metal Monster, Slimy Slug -> Ghost Slug. Bats become Spectres which don't bother your raiders.

Cool :) also why not keep bats, I added some in my overhaul it's to keep the game more challenging & Fun :). but what is a spectre ?

1. also why not keep bats

2. it's to keep the game more challenging & Fun

3. but what is a spectre ?

1. Because this isn't Planet U.

2. No, it's not. Bats are only annoying. They're neither challenging nor fun. They're either scenery, or annoying.

3. Check the wiki.

• 1 month later...

I think I should show some new things, but if you've been reading the wiki you know about a few of these already.

Bulldozer with its new defense upgrade:

The Distributor Tower, healing the Upgrade Tower:

A Ghost Slug, the replacement for Slimy Slugs:

http://cirevam.devia...t.com/#/d4vylw0

Progress is really slow because I'm in the final month of my last semester in college. Things will hopefully pick up once I graduate.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Scenery objects! But for some reason they won't die. I thought I added the necessary stuff but I guess I missed something. I know Lair knows what to do so whenever he sees this he can throw a Seam Monster at me for forgetting.

• Like 2

No. They can't move and they can't be shot with handheld beams, but they do shake if you shoot them with vehicle lasers. I want to use these as barriers that can be shot down in a level, but raiders still walk through them so that's pointless. I didn't see if vehicles drive through them but I'm pretty sure they would.

constructive criticizen(spelling?) uhh what to say... AMAZEING!!!!!!

bad stuff:

not that much

mostly that the bubble above the rr still is a photo of an E crystol

and the vehicle photos are the same

i was dissapointed that the electric fence was the same

and that level 2 i think it was you could only get 1 rock raider over to the other side and there was a powerstaition???

my BIG one is that you cant teleport down the tool store(or whatever it is called now) it is SO annoying.

mostly that the bubble above the rr still is a photo of an E crystol

and the vehicle photos are the same

i was dissapointed that the electric fence was the same

and that level 2 i think it was you could only get 1 rock raider over to the other side and there was a powerstaition???

my BIG one is that you cant teleport down the tool store(or whatever it is called now) it is SO annoying.

Thank you for playing and pointing these out. Don't worry, I have solutions for all of these.

Bubble: I haven't made many of the interface graphics yet because those are low on my priorities list.

Vehicle icons:

Electric fence: TheDoctor made a cool model that I'm going to adapt to a new electric fence with better particle effects.

Level 2: There is more than one way to complete that mission.

Tool Store: That's because your player character is in the Command Ship (tool store). You can only be in one place at a time. Later missions let you move it around, even over lava.

nice vehicle icone and i figured out how to beat the level secret tunnle at the top of the river.

also i think there should be SOMETHING on the top of the dock it is sorta bare

and if you want me to i could make the rock raider bubbles i have a brand new adobie photoshop and know how to use it

Bubbles are easy, though I'd probably want to change the lighting so there's a visible shadow on it.

spherebubble.png

The docks is nowhere near complete and I want it to look more like a real dock with steps and planks and such. If you have an idea for something to put on it then please tell me. I'm open to suggestions for much of this mod. For stuff I won't take suggestions on, you need Throne/6G clearance to even know about it.

well... i didnt know i could seggest but....

i think you should make props for levels(like the icepillers monster)

also the story could be more... pronounced like each level has a goal that leads into the next and it SAYS what is going on with the rest of the rock raiders at that time.

like"we need you to collect 30 time sphers so we can build a centrol base(next level)"

• 2 weeks later...

I already have rock pillars in the game as you can see at the top of this page, and I have plans for much more than that. For contiguous story elements... there's not much of that in the Stone and Crystal biomes, but there's a lot of connections between levels in the Warped biome. It might not be best to have most of the connections in the final third of the story, but since the majority of the story will happen during before-level movies I think that it might work out according to plan.

And if anyone cares about active mods anymore, here's a preview of the final vehicle I've designed for Time Raiders, the Armoured Transport Truck. Familiar, ja?

wow nice too bad i am not that goo but you have probubly done this for YEARS. anayway do you want help with this mod(Like say... mapping or skinning)?

Fengir made enough maps that I can pick and choose from what he made to fill in gaps, and I can make a few others that need a specific design. I don't know what would need skinning anymore because I have textures for every minifig. Oh, I haven't recoloured the Power Station's textures yet and I want that to happen, same with the Support Station. If you ever want to, and I hope you do, the textures for those two buildings should be recoloured to fit the Time Raiders general-purpose colour scheme, which is white with sky blue and black accents. Just look at the standard Time Raider and the Bulldozer for examples. There are pictures of them on the wiki, but you probably already knew that.

• Like 2

yea i knew the T.M. theme ill get to work do you want the greenish coloy chainged to yellow(powerstaition) to match the times pheres?

oops spelled "chainged" "chainget"

Edited by peanut

ok i wish i could do a little of a remodel but i am just sarting with modeling or i would remodel the support staition.

also i want to know do you ant me to replace the yellow with white paint or do you want the gray sides painted white with dents and scrapes where it is gray

Do it how you want it. If I don't like it I'll tell you how to improve it. Remember that I could do this by myself if I wanted, but I want to see what you can do, plus this gives you some more modding experience.

• Like 2

• Cyrem pinned this topic

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.