Time Raiders

Cirevam

What's the relevance of your post? What am I doing that's making things difficult? Explain yourself, sir.

If you backed up time raiders on dropbox or another auto-backup web service you wouldn't have to rebuild TR for the 5th time.

I had backed up TR onto my external hard drives. Then before I made another backup my computer died. I don't need an internet service in order to preserve data, and even then, it's not an automatic service, so the same scenario would have occurred anyways. The reason this the fifth time I've rebuilt it is because I had never kept a changelog before and when something serious broke and I couldn't figure out how to fix it, I just rebuilt the mod on top of a clean install. I'm keeping a changelog now so that I know what I've been doing. I'm making good progress now, but I'm trying to keep it slow and steady so nothing explodes again.

Now let's drop the topic of my backup methods and talk about the mod, since I want input on the mod.

In some, yes. Most of the early cutscenes try to explain where the raiders are, what the Time Spheres can do, and who's sending all of this advanced equipment to them. Though the Power Station can refine Time Spheres just fine, protoss is a problem. The TR's future selves end up sending buildings back in time to be used by the raiders you're playing as, along with some of the more advanced vehicles. They got lucky because many of their weapons used solid ammunition, but the trip out of the universe made it too dangerous to use, so pretty much all of their weapons and some of their vehicles became useless. That doesn't explain how certain monsters can use missiles...

Things that the Time Raiders had before the events of the game:

The Shard Shot and Plasma Beam handheld weapons

Host Stations

Bulldozers

Transport Buggys

Digtanks

Armored Transport Trucks

Howitzers (but Blast swapped the ammo-based weapons for lasers during the game)

Wave Masters

Assault Cruisers (but without the weapons)

Unraveler (only one)

Most of the LRR's standard equipment

Things that the future raiders give to them during the game:

LDLD's (acronym for what LZ calls the new drills. It's official, despite my common sense) - FINE. IT STANDS FOR LIQUID DEUTERIUM LASER DRILL. HAPPY, JAN?

LSGC's

Mitigator handheld weapons

Protoss Refineries

The Tower buildings (because they float and floating = future)

Pyrite Punishers

A Plot Device

Various knowledge

I envy you. Your mod looks so... wow. Mine is just Rock Raiders, but yours is visualy... just...

LDLD's (acronym for what LZ calls the new drills. It's official, despite my common sense)

Forget that envy I gave you.

Hey it's a building WAIT THAT'S NOT A BUILDING

gallery_27_60_168075.png

It's the Upgrade Bot, called the Upgrade Tower in the game files because it used to be a building. Then I got the idea of a multipurpose bot that would carry cargo or do other tasks and have switchable arms... so now we have this. Though it's technically a building, when upgrading a vehicle it will fly around it instead of just lowering an arm and making a few sparks. This will make sparks though, as its hands are giant arc welders. Even though this bot isn't suited for battle, its parts are mostly interchangeable with the Unraveler's, especially the legs and head. The arms were made by TheDoctor because he is getting better.

More shots:

gallery_27_60_575961.png

gallery_27_60_518104.png

gallery_27_60_299930.png

gallery_27_60_302913.png

Please ignore the bit of the Bruiser's old minigun sticking out of the foundation. It was part of the cavern model I made and I didn't feel like re-exporting a new LWO.

Well if Cirevam makes a Protoss factory/refinery (that collects liquid protoss), then I will definitely make these.

Wonder who's gonna actually make those though...

Now I need to make one those things...

Well if Cirevam makes a Protoss factory/refinery (that collects liquid protoss), then I will definitely make these.

Peh. You'll be forced to use everything at least once (or it will be provided at the start of a level). The Tower buildings aren't that bad once you make a refinery since that cuts the cost down to about 10%. I don't honestly expect people to spend hundreds of ore on a single building when there are enemies that can OHKO them from a distance, and it's a way of creating a dependency without actually needing to build the refinery first.

O.T.

I hope you note that I was saying I needed to make one for SKN, not in your overhaul ;P

Hi Cirevam...WAIT, THAT'S MORE OFFTOPIC THEN ^ THING. I'MMA BE SENT TO VALHALLA FOR MY CRIMES?

:light3:

I hope you note that I was saying I needed to make one for SKN, not in your overhaul ;P

At first I was going to ask if the three posts I quoted were referring to building them in-game or making their own versions for other projects. If you make your own then we must hold a duel to see which is superior. I'm guessing you'll tune yours to actually damage things so I had better be prepared.

At first I was going to ask if the three posts I quoted were referring to building them in-game or making their own versions for other projects. If you make your own then we must hold a duel to see which is superior. I'm guessing you'll tune yours to actually damage things so I had better be prepared.

No, I'll just make mine bigger and cooler. And make it fire from further away.

• 4 weeks later...

Progress update:

The beta is nearing completion, and I have a decent amount of things that are playable. Here's what's confirmed to be playable in-game as of right now:

Both Command Ships

Upgrade Tower

Transport Buggy

Armored Transport Truck (in code only, it's just using the LMLP model right now)

Unraveler

5 raider classes

Bulldozer

What will be added in the coming days:

Digtank (I encountered problems with reinstallation a while ago)

Docks (assembling LWSes at the moment)

Stabilization Station

Test Maps, such as The First Minute, Crossing the Rift, and Slug's Fine Thread

Amauros' biome

Additionally, I've changed a few of the sounds for things like clicking walls. Since people voted for more buildings over monsters, I think I'll release a second beta later in the summer with monsters added to it, plus other things that I'll have updated. Finally, I was shooting for Wednesday, June 8th for the release (I told some people the 7th but I thought that was Wednesday) but with me being sick I might have to push it to Friday, June 10th.

• 3 weeks later...

So, Cirevam the Global Moderator of RRU, when will the Time Raiders make thier debut.?

I believe only Cirevam is working on it.

And it will never come out if people keep asking.

And it will never come out if people keep asking.

Why? It's not like people can stop him by wanting him to continue, is it? If they can, then why do anticipated games and sequels ever come out?

So, Cirevam the Global Moderator of RRU, when will the Time Raiders make thier debut.?

Cirevam: IT'S OUT WHEN IT'S f***ING OUT.

Cirevam: IT'S OUT WHEN IT'S f***ING OUT.

This. Actually, I'm waiting on Amauros since he said he started to work on the Power Path, and it's a glorious-sounding power path, it is. Once he gets to a stopping point for that I should be able to release this thang. In the meantime I'm working on the loading screen picture.

• Cyrem pinned this topic

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.