Time Raiders

Cirevam

Scale it down just a little bit so the pilot and the boat are scaled the same. By that I mean so that if he got up and stood on one of the motor casings his feet would match up with it.

Otherwise it's great. All it needs is a rather large drilling implement.

Scaled and animated. All that's left is the drilling bits and the "oh noes I got hit by a monster" animations. I might move the wake effects back too, but it looks okay as it is.

• 3 weeks later...

A boat? Cirevam's on a BOAT a m... better stop there.

Looks great Cirevam keep this good work up and we'll be playing this mod not far from now :D

I already have a style for the GUI with some of the graphics already made, but I haven't put them in place yet because I would have to rearrange my entire interface every time I wanted to record a video. I want the interface to be something that surprises people when they start the game for the first time.

Alternate ending: I broke my game again whilst trying to mount a laser onto another vehicle. Never mind the fact that I'm using the same method that I used for another vehicle a long time back, and it wasn't the only with a successful laser conversion. Therefore I have no time to implement the new interface.

Edit because I'm not a double poster: I finally figured out what was wrong with the Digtank's laser setup today. Its laser conversion is almost complete, all it needs is two little visual tweaks and that vehicle is done. The majority of you guys don't know what the Digtank looks like yet, unless I already posted a picture and I forgot. In the meantime, here's another picture:

gallery_27_60_175552.png

Vehicle defense + raider defense = nothing is a threat to you. Here the Unraveler is using its Monster Buster laser, which is a long-range slow-reload laser that doesn't drill through walls very well. Right now it's a OHKO weapon, so I might lower the ROF to once every three seconds or so. Only two other objects mount it, one being the Defense Station. The Bruiser's weapon is a laser taken off of a vehicle/gunstation and modified so it can drill and fire defensive shots. You'll see slightly different ones mounted on other vehicles.

<opens can of whoop CIREVAM!> You censored me before I even posted. Are you sure you don't have a TARDIS?

I know what the Featherfoot can do when stopping; go low and slliiddee.

Needs more Lego overall.

Must you quote such large post? The least you could do was [spoiler] it.

===

I'm not sure who's saying what in that post (outside the quote), but I'm not in favor of any more "legoizing" of that mech. It looks awesome as-is.

The only Legoized portion of it are the torso, head, and upper arms that are on the real-world model. The rest is non-Lego because I can't figure out how to make a visually-appealing quad-legged walker from Lego. I'll be adding a few things to it later, but none that will ruin the overall image.

I just started on the Crystal Spider. It's based on amethyst. I will get WIP shots after I've completed most of it, which shouldn't take long as it's surprisingly simple. After that I'll work on levels so we can have a playable beta before 2011. That's not guaranteed, but it's a goal.

A stud on the mech or the spider? If I were to put studs on the mech, there would be four on top because the real head is 3 studs long and 2 studs wide, and the part that holds the eye has no studs on top. The spider is about two times as large as a minifig (remember your cube laws, folks) so a stud might work, but I'll see how it looks with and without it.

I'm nearly done with the spider model. It looks a bit like a virus at the moment, mainly because I haven't make it asymmetrical and added the top "lumps" just yet.

Introducing new floor texture. I have no idea if I'll use this in the game or not. I just wanted something different for now.

They have RandomMove and BumpDamage, so by chance one of them destroyed the Unraveler that was sitting nearby. Afterwards, I attempted to kill them, only to find out that they don't die when they reach zero health and continue to walk around. They have a Crumble activity and an animation, so what's the problem? Lair, if I don't find you before you read this, can you tell me what the issue might be?

They stab vehicles and buildings with their front legs, and forcefully nudge raiders with their heads. Of course, they don't do that yet, but when all of the animations are complete they'll be able to do just about everything I intend.

I made their test level, Exterminator, recently and I found a few interesting things.

1) I suck at making levels, and Exterminator is way too big and boring. I'll reduce the size by chopping most of the east side off and allocating more resources close to the starting position. There are enough to get a Support Station up within the first two or three caverns at around 50% oxygen remaining, so that's a good sign.

2) The spiders, as they are now, don't always actively attack your base. One or two will try to attack and if it fails, more will come. Since there are many groups of spiders spread out all over the level, this can leave your base undefended.

3) There's a glitch when they hit a bulldozer as it is clearing rubble, insta-killing it. I think it's because the BumpDamage animation is too short. Regular monsters don't have this glitch.

4) Sometimes, and this is the first time I've seen it, the bulldozer will spawn without the middle wheels. I have no idea why, because I immediately teleported one right after I saw that, and the second one had all six wheels.

5) Addict's NPL gave me an instant victory, so I turned NERPS off. I'll compile it myself and see if it's just his machine that's doing this.

Regarding the size factor of the levels, I just remembered that the Host Station will move around in most maps, so you can just move your base as you progress through the map. It still takes way too long.

I think I'll delay the release of TR Beta until 1) Amauros finishes the blue Rock biome and 2) I get a few more things done with buildings. There hasn't been much time this past week. Perhaps the release should be the 10th of January? I'll keep you updated.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you. And as an official update, I'll be going back to school tomorrow and I'll be able to upload the beta then. However, I want to clean up some things and have at least one custom biome to present. No pressure.

Things I want to get done:

Replace hats and packs with empty object

Nag Amauros

Put remaining walls on the Factory and get something on the tool arms

Make a teleporting animation for a land vehicle

Remove stupid bucket from Docks and rotate deposit_null

Lower volume of engine noises

Test the NPL compiler on RRU-Stuff to see if I can be self-sufficient with goal scripts

Nag Amauros

Nag Amauros

You complian about US starting wars?

There's a difference between pissing someone off and teasing a friend, and Cirevam and I are friends. :P

This is- This is one of the coolest ideas I've seen-seen on this site!

I-I-I-I mean that's just creative as all hell!

Keep at-at this man, would be awesome to see this fi-i-i-inished.

This Is from His Wiki Page

:

Race to the Finish

* Drive a special vehicle through the caverns and make it to each checkpoint before time runs out.

* The timer is the O2 meter and each checkpoint is a cavern with a few Support Stations that will give you extra time, along with lava that will eventually erode and destroy only the checkpoint area. When you leave the checkpoint, the timer starts again.

Now if you were to ask me, this a really clever and brilliant idea :D. Keep up the good work Cirevam!

• 3 weeks later...

Due to my computer not booting up anymore, I may have lost some TR data. I did do a backup a while ago, but I haven't inventoried what I backed up. I know I don't have the Factory or the new Howitzer (but Doc has a picture of the latter so I could recreate it), and I'm pretty sure I lost some of the new Unraveler parts. This is what I get for not releasing earlier/backing up more often, but I may be able to recover the data at some point. For now, I'll ignore what I lost and continue with other sections. I might even just release what I have once I get another working computer in my room.

Due to my computer not booting up anymore, I may have lost some TR data. I did do a backup a while ago, but I haven't inventoried what I backed up. I know I don't have the Factory or the new Howitzer (but Doc has a picture of the latter so I could recreate it), and I'm pretty sure I lost some of the new Unraveler parts. This is what I get for not releasing earlier/backing up more often, but I may be able to recover the data at some point. For now, I'll ignore what I lost and continue with other sections. I might even just release what I have once I get another working computer in my room.

Ouch >.< Good luck with that!

Hehehe, I hope this means I finally get to play the long overdue beta.

HEY. DON'T GIVE ME THAT LOOK.

• Cyrem pinned this topic

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.