Time Raiders

Cirevam

Download Time Raiders Final Vehicle Pack here:

Get the low-poly Protoss model if your performance suffers when lots of ore is around (included by default now):

--------------------------------------

Time Raiders

The LDS Geloden, a defense vessel employed by the Rock Raiders United organization, responded to a distress call from the LMS Explorer that was disabled in an asteroid field. They arrived at the coordinates but found nothing, not even asteroids. It was like everything there was moved somewhere else. The ship spent some time doing deep scans and eventually called off the search. They spooled up the wormhole generator used for FTL travel, but the fabric of space was still affected by the wormhole that had manifested there not long ago. The force of two wormholes on top of each other created a rift in the universe itself and sucked the entire ship into the borderworlds, transcending time and space. Now the crew of the Geloden try to traverse the strands of time in order to get back to the universe. Energy crystals and Ore don't exist. Instead there are Time Spheres and Protoss. Time Spheres are used to alter the flow of time, which allows them to reverse entropy. Eventually they learn that the spheres can be used to change the past, which grants them access to strange technologies that are clearly their own, but they didn't know they had. D E E P  L O R E

Classes

Spoiler

Time Raider

- Identical stats to LRR's Pilot

- Used as the base dependency for things instead of the Command Ship, as some missions let you use a different command ship

- Uses a laser rifle with a standard rate of fire

Bruiser

- 1.2x larger

- About 25% slower than other raiders

- Drills a bit faster than the others

- Takes much less damage from everything and has more HP overall

- Tools per upgrade: 3:4:5:5

- Uses a hand-held mining laser with a very high ROF

Scout

- 0.8x smaller

- About 25% faster than other raiders, when fully upgraded goes about twice as fast, hardly affected by rubble

- Drills slower at first but increases with upgrades

- Takes a lot of damage from things

- Holds fewer tools, probably 1:1:2:2

- Uses a laser SMG with standard ROF but could fire faster

Technician

- Same size as standard Time Raider

- A slight bit slower than other raiders but when fully upgraded is a slight bit faster

- Geologist skill becomes extremely useful with upgrades: 3:4:5:6

- Tools per upgrade: 2:3:4:5

- Uses a laser pistol with slightly worse ROF

Mech Elite

- Same size as standard Time Raider

- Combines the advantages of the other raiders: fast like the Scout, hardy like the Bruiser, better scanner like the Technician

- Works with extreme tenacity and can drill Hard Rock when fully upgraded, though it takes a very long time. Everything speeds up with upgrades.

- Tools per upgrade: 3:4:5:6

- Uses an integrated laser arm with about double the standard ROF

No unique upgrade animations as JUMPING JACKS ARE A WAY TO LEARN EVERYTHING

Defense Equipment

Spoiler

Shard Shot

- Depleted Energy Crystals can't be recharged here, but their remains can be used as ammunition

- Terrible damage against hardy foes and short range, but might be effective against squishy targets

Plasma Beam

- Fires bluish-white laser bolts

- Gigantic explosion when it hits

- About 25 damage with a slight bit of knockback

- Good range and accuracy

Mitigator

- Fires bluish wobbly thing, needs a bit of improvement

- Stops the flow of time around an enemy, making a TIME CUBE appear around it for about 15 seconds

- Does about 5 damage, but timeless monsters not affected. You can usually tell when something is timeless because it will act in strange ways.

Stream Beacon

- Explodes into one of the unused teleport effects, VLP_Teleport.lws I think.

- Makes a crapton of noise and scares anything sentient away.

- No damage, just a reskin of the Sonic Blaster with huge range.

Defense Station

- Fires Monster Buster lasers (about 250 units, major damage to monsters)

- They mostly exist to give the player something to do when under attack

Force Field

- Electric Fence with a different effect. It doesn't affect everything.

Distributor

- Low range

- Quick pulse fire

- Slow to charge, takes one crystal per shot.

- It heals units to varying degrees. Raiders might get 50% health per shot. Vehicles get 25% per shot. Buildings get about 15% per shot, but can be repaired by Engineers, so this is more of an overheal technique.

- There is no upper limit to the amount of health a unit can have. Maybe 231 - 1

Drill Lazer

- Medium range

- Stream fire

- Good for drilling rock and for taking down groups of small monsters.

Monster Buster

- Huge range

- Slow pulse fire

- Bad against groups of monsters and useless for drilling. Does about 50 damage per hit on a Rmonster, can OHKO slugs. Most large vehicles have these.

Building Tech Tree

Spoiler

This isn't even close to being balanced or making sense. Upgraded Time Raiders are the basic dependency as you won't have the "Tool Store" in every mission.

Vehicular Stuff

Spoiler

This list is not complete.

Small Vehicles

CanReinforce TRUE? It would open an option

Transport Buggy

- Above average speed, land only

- Average landslide resistance

- Carries two materials, no upgrades for cargo but there is one for speed

- Materials fall out when the vehicle is attacked

Bulldozer

- The only thing in the entire game that can shovel rubble. Most levels will give you one or two to start. Ore pops out of walls instead of rubble through use of the Cror map.

Wave Master

- Average speed, water only

- Can drill walls on the shore

- Carries no materials

- Very loud

Large Vehicles

Howitzer

- Very low speed, land only, tracked vehicle

- High landslide resistance

- No carrying capacity

- Spawnable for six crystals

- Gigantic Monster Buster turret

Pyrite Punisher

- Low speed, land only

- Very high landslide resistance

- Drills walls very quickly and may do other things

- No carrying capacity

- Not available in all levels

Armored Transport Truck

- Poor speed, land only

- Above average landslide resistance

- Holds six materials

- Materials do not fall out

Unraveler

- Average speed, land and water only

- Extremely high health to the point of invincibility

- Not spawnable, teleporting it gives you a piece of ore and (maybe) fails the mission

- Rotatable head with Monster Buster properties. It already has drills so this makes the vehicle excel in more areas.

Assault Cruiser

- High speed, land and water

- High landslide resistance

- Used to carry one vehicle, but the AI kept trying to deposit the vehicle into the Command Ship, which crashes the game

- Very loud

- Dual lazers

Tunnel Transport (if the AI cooperates)

- Very high speed, no terrain restrictions

- Average health

- Carries one vehicle

- Spawnable for seven crystals

- Defensive Conversion, adds a sparkly power shield which decreases the amount of damage it takes from things

Monsters

Spoiler

Dark Slug - It has the silhouette of a Slimy Slug, but appears to be made of blue fire.

Rock Monster - Same old monster, but with no health decay. The punch comes out faster.

Crystal Monster - It appears to be wearing armor made of amethyst crystals, and wields a sword. Since when were monsters smart enough to make armor and weapons?

Water Monster - Not the Rockwhale. It exists in water only and prevents the Command Ship from lazily floating across.

Rockwhale - It resembles the green variant from Planet U, but is made of different stone. It's big, dumb, and wanders aimlessly. It might attack your vehicles if they get in the way.

Rock Dog - Combine an alligator with a Rockwhale, squash it a bit, and you get a Rock Dog. They are extremely fast and will wreck your buildings even faster.

Guardian - Final boss of the internet, kinda like a Core Monster with weapons only doing 1 damage and no recoil at all. OHKOs everything. Punch comes out at default speed, try touch damage too. Scaled 7x

Levels

Spoiler

Things have changed, but I won't delete this section yet. Consider it outdated.

The Caves of Time - Begin Stone Biome - one predrilled rock with a Time Sphere (violate 2x2 rule or use OL placement)

Well Raider, it looks like you made it. I hope the temporal entangler didn't cause you any pain. But now that you're in there you have some exploring to do. We don't know where - or when - we are, so try to find some clues. Scanners show some odd resonance patterns to your... north? We're not really sure what north is here, or any direction for that matter, but your minimap will still operate normally. Maybe if we can find out what the source of these resonant patterns are we can recalibrate our instruments to work correctly in this dimension.

What is that... Endeck, get a reading on that.... *teleporting warpy noise* What in the world!... Raider, this... this sphere just teleported into bridge! Did you do that? No? Then what is it doing up here... We'll have to run some tests. Collect more of these Raider, we need to know what these are.

Well Raider, it turns out that these spheres are naturally entangled and seem to exist in many places at once when they are observed. Heisenberg would be rolling in his grave right now. They also seem to disappear completely for minutes at a time, but we don't know why yet. The good news is that we can use these to try to teleport things to you without that nasty temporal entangler. Get four more of these (7 total) and then we'll try to get you out of there.

Visitors From Another Dimension - Introduce 4D Slugs

Land Ho! - Start on a Rapid Rider in the middle of a huge ocean. There are a few small islands with materials that are hidden in drillable rock. One of the islands contains something that will let you finish the mission, but it's blocked by Hard Rock which can only be drilled by vehicles. You have to ship materials back and forth from the islands in order to build the things necessary for a drilling vehicle. There won't be enough room to put all four buildings on the Hard Rock island, so the Tool Store will have to go somewhere else. Hey, gotta have a boring mission somewhere in here.

The Precipice - Rescue several lost raiders in different locations, end when GetHiddenObjectsFound > 3. Simulated mountains. Need to know the heightmap limits.

Let's add a mission where you have to collect 500 ore to get out of there. Let's also have tons of coordinated-attack slugs that sap your energy, but there should be a hidden Recharge Seam in the level.

The Sanctuary of Stone - BLUEPRINT COMPLETED

Mini Boss - Stone Golem horde? Nah, there's just tons of emerges all over the place, even on the island in the middle of the sanctuary itself. OH HEY ISLANDS? Yes, this map forces you to use the Assault Transport. Think about it.

120 Time Spheres

-------------------------

Crystal Resonance - Begin Crystal Biome

We have located a stream that is rich with Temporal Caches and Matter Deposits. With so many Time Spheres locked in caches the stream is very narrow, so navigation may be hindered. We cannot allow this to compromise our mission, so you've been given approval to utilize the Unraveler. This is a very dangerous piece of equipment, Raider, and it takes a perfectly synchronous warp to get it into the streams, so if you warp it back we won't be able to give you another. Keep that in mind as you collect 100 Time Spheres. Also be on the lookout for Rift Monsters. Scanners show weak areas, but there's a specific resonance here that we can't identify. It would be wise to assign several Raiders as a defense crew. We don't know what to expect here.

The Walk of Life - Don't Panic! ripoff

This time stream is being unraveled by a scorpion made out of what appears to be dark energy... Get out of there Raider! There should be a stable area somewhere, so find it and I'll brief you then.

You made it safely. Good work, Raider. Since this stream has fallen to pieces, it appears that only 50 Time Spheres will be needed to open the portal.

The Nietzsche Room - Collect 70 Time Spheres

The Sanctuary of Crystal

Mini Boss - Crystal Golem horde

Another Sanctuary... We know what to expect here Raider. This is another home for Golems, and from what we've seen in recent streams there should be plenty of them. The area is relatively stable, so don't worry too much about spatial quakes. Instead, concentrate on putting up Force Fields, then collect 240 Time Spheres to open the portal to the new stream.

-------------------------

The Echoing Caves - Begin Warped Biome

These readings are incredible... ah, I didn't see you there. Raider, take a look at this. We're entering a new stream, but the resonance is off the charts already! Remember when we first entered the Crystal time stream and it was relatively stable early on? This new stream is incredibly warped from the beginning, which goes against all estimations. Be very wary out there, as the chance for monsters to enter the stream is incredibly likely.

A Test of Speed - racing level

This mission will comprise of tunnels full of Hard Rock with Dirt at junctions. This is also to prevent you from moving the camera and clicking to the finish, cheater. Tunnels should be two squares wide, monsters should be all over the place (but not too terrible), and fallins should occur but not enough to kill you outright. The oxygen meter is the time limit. It's basically a fun version of Run The Gauntlet with its multiple paths and whatnot. I'll put a few extra Small Diggers around in case the one you start with gets trashed.

Final Destination - Second to last level

WHAT'S THIS? No buildings, no vehicles, raiders only, Final Destination. Can I end the mission if you try to build anything? That would be glorious. Make up an excuse that the area is too unstable for buildings.

Final Level - The Crossroads

Boss - Gatekeeper

This is it Raiders. This passage leads to The Crossroads, the one point where all time streams intersect. Scanners indicate a large temporal disturbance in the vicinity, so be on the lookout for Rift Monsters. Calculations estimate that 360 Time Spheres will be needed to open the portal, as this area is resonating very strongly. We also suspect that spatial quakes are common since many different time streams intersect here, so fortify the area as soon as you can. Good luck.

The Ether - bonus mission for completing the game, can't remember if Lair added another biome but if he did this one should be full of stars. My god.

This is just a sandbox level. You can end it by opening a cavern which will be explicitly marked in the briefing.

Characters

The Wizard - Does what Chief does. He knew of Chief, but did not personally know him.

Tempus - Anomaly expert, will guide you through early tutorials, does general voiceovers.

Blast - Weapons expert, quartermaster. does some vehicle and weapon voiceovers, sounds like ACKNOWLEDGED!

Endeck - Mineral analyst, does the "A Time Sphere has been located" voiceover, and for when you discover something. Is a Rama.

Gimme more ideas if you want.

Completed Things

Nearly Complete (active development)

Buildings are on the list for creation or reworks

Pfff..Please. Humor me Cirevam. Lol, jk.

4-D slugs? Like slugs that MOVE? I think we already have those. Interesting though. It sounds just a bit like Data Raiders though. I also had a terrifying thought before about monsters that exist only in the fourth dimension. A bit scary really...

Sounds cool though.

The slugs won't really be in four dimensions unless I make their moving animation similar to the hypercube up there. I know exactly how to do it in Milkshape, but I don't know how to do it with the way LRR handles animations. Besides, at that point they wouldn't even look like slugs. Instead, they might just utilize entanglement to move, so they'll probably "teleport" around instead of slithering along. This also means they'll be fast, so I'll probably turn them into glass cannons. One or two laser shots would take them down, but they would definitely be a common enemy.

Also, I see how it's sorta like Data Raiders, but maybe that's because we're both sci-fi geeks.

• Like 2

Slugs in 4D move as much as slugs in 3D.

And the Tunnel Transport should be a TARDIS or something similar and be able to teleport with small vehicles. This teleporting will also explain why the vehicles sit there when you load them on a TT.

Sorry, but 3D is static. The only reason you can see something is that light is excluded in the staticness. Getting back on topic, ummm....what kind of color scheme are you thinking of?

The Stone biome will just be the standard Rock environment we have now, the Crystal biome will be the Ice environment but probably made to look more diamondized, and the Warped biome will be all dark purple and reminiscent of Xen.

...the last... I am the last...

Power Paths are also going to look different. Those giant octagons just won't cut it. I'll need to think of something though.

• Like 2

Sorry, but 3D is static. The only reason you can see something is that light is excluded in the staticness.

Then you are not moving, right? -.-

3D means 3 D's of space

4D means 4 D's of space, AKA tesseracts and such.

Time is something else

Lair, if you want to discuss dimensional/temporal physics, make a topic for it.

Cirevam, power paths are just hard to conceptualize. Once you have the idea, its just a matter of making it.

Both of you shut up. Time Raiders involves theoretical physics that no one understands fully, so if you have ideas drop them here, but don't act like you know everything and don't be a backseat moderator.

• Like 2

If you have an idea, post it first. I'll then tell you if it's horrible and you should feel bad for making it or that it's the greatest thing ever and your name should be immortalized.

• 1 month later...

What's the limit for emerges in a level? Is it twenty? Now that I'm designing a few maps I'll need to make sure I know the limits for everything. Also I'm updating the first post.

If you're going by the Map Creator, then yes, it would appear the limit is 20. However, this may not be the true limit (if there is one), as it could just be a parameter set by Cyrem. He did the same when he set the parameter of the map size to be 50x50, when original maps in the game were actually bigger. (He later changed to 80x80).

My guess is that it, and probably most parameters in the .map files, can go higher, but Cyrem's made a limit to prevent people from being too 'flamboyant' when map making, and making everything over the top. If you're wanting to go round this I guess you could manually code things with HEX, possibly using the Map Tool to make it easier.

I guess if there's certain parameters that you (and possibly others) find constantly too small, you could ask Cyrem to set them higher in the Creator to make things easier. However, that's of course down to Cyrem, and whether or not my theory is actually correct.

If you read this Cyrem, is there actually any physical limits and parameters to the properties of emerges and other map files?

I'll probably just limit myself to twenty emerges for now. It gets a bit ridiculous after that, especially in maps specifically designed to kill you or make you angry. Like this one:

You start with a Tunnel Transport, a Teleport Pad, a Support Station (not shown, forgot to put it in) and a Power Station in the bottom left. Train your single prespawned Raider as a Pilot if necessary. When you leave that area monsters spawn and kill yo base. When you open up the other caverns bad things will happen. Dynamite will be DISABLED for Time Raiders to put more influence on the drilling vehicles and so people can't destroy the Hard Rock next to your base to prevent that scripted base destruction.

Wikipedia. And I've found more too on other places.

Imagine a point. Streatch it into a line. Then stretch it into a square. Then stretch a line out of it into a cube, then another into a tesserac.

That's a 4D.

• Cyrem pinned this topic

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.