• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEPICtrainrider

• Aki Dazrold

• Anonymouse

• Shadow322

Anonymouse

...invented a small glowing the[Please Talk Properly]utic cube

Fail filter is fail. That's therapeutic for anyone who couldn't guess...

• 1 month later...
TheEPICtrainrider

Anyone who’s been in a blackout knows what to do. Go check the fuse box, light some candles, and use anything that has batteries to keep in contact with the outside world. Sadly, I had never been in a blackout. Luckily, Rock_on_RR was trained for situations like this.

“Don’t move.†Rock_on_RR got up from his rollie-chair and began walking around the room. I could hear him opening cabinets, searching through papers, pushing buttons, and knocking on wood. Meanwhile, I was standing in pitch darkness. Clutching the wet, dripping sponge in my hands.

“Is there anyway I can help…†I began to ask.

“No. Be quiet. Don’t move.†Rock_on_RR continued his searching. Until he said “Ah ha!†From across the room. There was the sound of more button pushing, and a “WHHOOOSHHâ€, similar to the kind heard on automatic doors. Out from the darkness, there was a bright Blue glow. I shielded my eyes, but didn’t look away. The glow was getting brighter, or closer, I couldn’t tell which in the darkness. Then I saw Rock_on_RR’s face, inches from mine, bathed in a rich blue glow.

“You may want to close your eyes, it’s about to get very bright in here.†He mumbled. Then the glow got farther away, towards the TV screens. Rock_on_RR was opening something, placed the Blue Energy Crystal inside, and closed it. There were some jingly, noises, a faint click, and another whooshing sound.

“Three, Two…†“CUH CLUNCK!!†My eyes burned from the intense light. I cuffed them in my hands, waiting for the bight circles to stop bouncing in front of my eyelids. “I warned you,†Rock_on_RR mocked.

I took my hands away and gathered my surroundings. The lights had dimmed, and a key on a key-ring stuck into the control panel. On the wall, a hatch had opened, revealing a glass case with the Energy Crystal in it, and a large power switch; like the kind mad scientists use when bringing something to life, the Control panel now had a light blinking, with the words “AUXILIARY POWER†under it. One of the television screens had a list of all the sections on the ship; each one had the word “LOCKDOWN†next to it.

Rock_on_RR’s face had become darker and more stressed. “Okay,†he began, “The entire ship is now in a Lockdown state. This means that all of the major doors are locked, and the rest of the ship will go into a brownout in about 3 minutes.†He walked over to a safe, entered the code 36- 54, and opened the door. Inside, was a lazar blaster, a blueprint of the ship, and an Axle helmet. It was just a gray version of THE Axle’s helmet except…

“Don’t complain about the pink visor and put this on.†Rock_on_RR handed me the helmet, which I put on. Rock_on_RR reached over to the left side of the helmet (my left) and flicked a switch. The pink visor lit up suddenly, with a Heads up display, showing numbers and gauges all over.

“Hello and welcome to the standard issue Level 6 head protection device. Heath status; normal. Pulse status; normal. Temperature status; normal…â€

“Yes, it will keep doing that for a while,†Rock_on_RR said. “Try to ignore it and listen carefully.â€

“…brain activity; normal. Blood sugar; normal. Saliva level; normal…â€

“Okay, what you need to do is make your way to the elevator. When you get there, you will need to activate the power box to use the elevator…â€

“Radioactivity; normal levels. Bladder level; normal. Semen count; normal…â€

“When you activate the elevator you must go down to Teleportation deck 5. Once there, you’ll be instructed by me on how to proceed through the radio in your helmet. Any questions?â€

“Just one,†I said, “will the helmet be alerting me of my semen count every ten seconds or what?â€

“No. No. Only on startup. But it will give you necessary alerts during your… eh… travels…â€

“Radio antenna; active. Status check complete.†The HUD became only a number 100 with a ’+’ next to it. A number 0 with a Energy Crystal next to it. And a Geiger counter in the upper right hand corner.

“I have pre-set the helmet to show how much energy is left in the power cell of your blaster.†Rock_on_RR handed me the map and the Laser blaster. The number ’0’ just changed to a ’30’. “Here are some power cells for anything…†Rock_on_RR ’s voice suddenly got grave “… you might come across.†I put the power cells and stuck the map on my belt. Rock_on_RR then showed me to the door.

“Oh and E713?†Rock_on_RR said as I walked out the door.

“Yea?†I said.

“Good Lu-†The door cut him off before he could finish.

Lol. Now I hate to be picky on this particular subject... but... meh, see my PM :P

I've been waiting long enough. I didn't want to read the WIP version of it in the VIP area for some reason or other...

NOW MOAR :af:

Aki Dazrold

Rofl.

What is it with me and single-word posts lately? I mean, seriously. Can I at least try to make an attempt at a useful post?

I guess it's because it's all that really needs to be said at the moment.

theextractor

oh no! the entire ship in lockdown! something bad is going to happen i just KNOW it! waaaaaaaaaa :bandit:

• 2 weeks later...
TheEPICtrainrider

I remembered when the smooth steel hallways were brightly lit, filled with passing Rock Raiders and carts filled with equipment. Those memories were almost dream-like as I walked down the cold, dark corridor. The Helmet had a light, so I didn’t trip over anything, but it gave everything an eerie white glow. Relentless, I walked onward.

A while later, after the brownout had started, I came across a water fountain. I stopped for a drink, then took out my map to read it in the dim lighting. The elevator was still a long walk away; I wondered if I could take a shortcut somehow…. The map had shown me a network of air vents and service accesses.

“Help! Oh dear gawd somebody help me!†I had heard the distress call come from my left, and took off. My running took me into one of the larger corridors. I stopped, fearing I had lost who ever had called out, when a Raider named Naill ran around the corner. He was flailing his arms and yelling “RUN! RUN AWAY!†I pulled out the Laser blaster.

At that moment I realized how crappy this blaster was; The paint was scratched, the frame was cipped, and the whole thing was duck taped together. I decided not to worry about looks; as long as the thing fired, I was fine with it.

Naill was still running and shouting, and I had my sites aimed on him. When a rocky hand punched out from the wall behind him. Through the sounds of bending metal, I could still hear Naill’s screams to run away. I aimed my gun for the arm, when a second arm rammed its way out of the wall. Then came a foot, a body, another foot, and finally, the entire Rock Monster pulled itself from the wall.

I aimed my blaster at the head and pulled the trigger. There was a loud buzz, and the front of the blaster exploded, flying me back 5 feet onto the cold steel floor.

The Rock Monster stormed down the hall after Naill, who sadly couldn’t run fast enough. The last thing I saw of him was his frail body being picked up, and flung into the ground at 20 miles per hour, leaving a small creator. The Rock Monster left him there, and turned to face me. I spun around and began to run as fast as I could down the hallway, the Rock Monster’s feet shaking the floor beneath me. I spotted a open door to a store room, and made a beeline for it. Hoping it would hold, I slammed the door shut and backed away. There was a moment of silence… I took a sigh of relief.

“BAM.†The Rock Monster began to pound on the door. “BAM.†I looked around for a weapon. “BAM.†The top hinge gave way. I spotted a pipe-wrench leaning on a toolbox in front of a cabinet. “BAM.†The Rock Monster’s hand came through the, now open, doorway. I raised my pipe-wrench above my head, and swung. The Rock Monster’s hand flexed and was withdrawn in pain. The ugly brute knelt down and looked into the doorway. I said “Hello!†And swung my pipe-wrench into his nose. The Rock Monster turned to rubble and dust. 3 mini Rock Monsters dug their way out of the dust and scampered off down the hall.

I sat down onto a crate, and put the laser blaster on the desk in front of me. There was no way I could survive all the way to the elevator with such a poor quality device.

As I was thinking over my situation, I heard a loud “THUNK†in the air vent above me. I stood up, and held my pipe-wrench in a defensive position. The vent shook and banged around, like something was crawling in it. I picked up a nearby paper-weight, and threw it at the vent. “EEERRRRRRRTTTT CLASH!†The vent crashed into the floor, throwing dust up everywhere. I heard coughing. When the dust settled, Anonymouse was lying on his stomach, dusty, tired, and dazzled on how he had gotten there.

“What the hell where you doing in the Air vent Anon?†I said, putting my wench down and helping him up.

“I was escaping the whole crapload of monsters chasing after me.†He noticed my helmet. “Pink really suits you well.†He moved over to the desk where my blaster lay. “Well, Well, Well, what do we have here…†He sat down on the crate and took out a screw driver. “May I?†He asked.

“Go for it, the thing’s useless in that state.†I said. And I looked over at some crates stashed in the corner. I began to open them up with my pipe-wrench, to see if they had any supplies in them.

Around twenty to twenty-five minutes later, I had finished my search, finding only more power cells and about 20 packages of expired gummy bears.

“And…. Done!†Anonymouse said behind me. I had been so pre-occupied in my search for supplies that I hadn’t noticed the desk becoming more and more clutter, along with Anonymouse’s hair becoming more and more untidy.

Anonymouse got up holding what looked like the ’guns’ I saw in a book about War throughout history. Except the ’stalk’ of the object was mostly fragmented steel welded together, the ‘butt’ had a loop of duck tape around it, and the ‘barrel’ had several coils around it. There was also a scope made from a pare of glasses and a plastic tube.

“I have turned your broken blaster into a Gauss Rifle! Contrary to popular belief, the ‘Laser Blaster’ is really a ‘Energy Blaster.’ All it’s doing is shooting energy through space. The coils…†He inserted the power cell into a chamber on the bottom of the rifle, then aimed the rifle at a can of soda on a shelf. “…Make the energy to go faster. Like so…†He pulled the trigger, sending a blue burst of energy out from the barrel, causing a very loud “CRACKâ€. The energy hit the can, not only denting it, but melting it partially. “It has some bugs, but the chances you’ll die quickly are very high.â€

Anonymouse handed me the Gauss rifle. He then walked over the broken vent, and pulled himself up. “Good luck!†he shouted back at me.

“You too!†I replied, and then set back out into the Hallway, after grabbing the pipe-wrench of course.

I walked about a quarter of the ship before I saw another Rock Monster. He was smashing a Shadow Co. vending machine, trying to get the Crystal powering it. I looked through the scope from about 30 yards away, aiming for a headshot. The Monster stood still for a moment, and I rested my finger on the trigger, about to pull it. At the last moment a Raider with a massive drill on his right arm came down and drilled the Rock Monster right in the face.

The monster took a few steps back, and began to roar angrily at the Raider. I kept my sights on the monster incase something were to happen. The mystery Raider jumped up and uppercut the Monster, knocking it onto the floor. The raider then loomed over the beast, paused for a moment, before drilling it in the heart (or what ever is there). He walked out of the rubble, as 3 mini-Rock Monsters ran away. I relaxed a little bit, lowering my gun, I got up and began to walk over.

This wasn’t a good idea. The Raider then took a stance, The drill on his arm spun and buzzed loudly. Common sense told me not to mess with the guy who wields a drill about twice the size of your head. I holstered my rifle and put my hands up. “Whoa whoa I’m cool I’m cool!â€

The Raider relaxed a bit. He started to walk towards me. That’s when I noticed that his body was very slender, his chest wasn’t all that flat, and the most curios thing was his short hair was a rich hazel. But it was when I saw his face that I knew...

“Hi. I’m Zephyr.†she said.

“Holycrapyoureagirl†I jabbered.

“Aw damn it. I was hoping YOU would be the one person who doesn’t say that.†She then began to walk away.

“Wait!†I shouted. “Where are you going?â€

“Away. Every guy who has said that couldn’t handle that I’m a girl and got hurt in some way or another…â€

“Okay.†I said. Then I turned the other way. I honestly had better things to do. I walked only 5 paces before I heard her.

“Where are you going?†I turned to see that Zephyr had stopped walking away, and was now facing me.

“Me?†I paused to think of how to phrase it. “I’m going to find an elevator so I can save the ship.†I tuned around and began to walk away again.

“Can I come with you?†I kept walking. I was not going to be deterred any longer.

“ I thought I couldn’t handle that you’re a girl,†I shouted back.

Zephyr caught up with me. “Well, most guys by now had begged for me to come with them.†She gave a smile. We then headed out for the Elevator together.

We walked in silence the rest of the way. It wasn’t until Zephyr and I had reached the elevator that she said something. “Did you hear that?â€

“What?†I said as I stuck my pipe-wrench into the elevator doors, and began to wedge them open.

“It sounded like… metal groaning…†She went into a stance. I started to hear it too. I finally got the doors open wide enough that they unlocked due to a safety feature. The open doorway into the shaft was very creepy; it was a long way down. Then there was a gush of air and a screeching sound. Down the elevator shaft came the elevator itself, and a Rock Monster that was on top of it. We got up, and I said, “The Rock Monster must’ve overloaded the cable.

“But how are we going to get down?†Zephyr pointed out. I looked into the shaft. There was a 2 ½ ft by 2 ½ ft groove in the wall, with a ladder and safety grate. I turned back to Zephyr.

“Ladies first.â€

This Is Really Good, Just One Thing: My Hair Isn't All That Short, Oh Well. Artistic Liscense I Guess.

Ruthless Job On The Monster....Thats The Way I Prefer...Close Combat.

Really Good Job!

I can't remember if i've come in yet and I must say it needs to happen soon if it hasn't. We can't have at least ONE person out of the story, right?

TheEPICtrainrider

I can't remember if i've come in yet and I must say it needs to happen soon if it hasn't. We can't have at least ONE person out of the story, right?

You do know I included you in my Spin off right? The one I submitted into the competition? Hello?

• 2 weeks later...
TheEPICtrainrider

All Rock Raiders are clones of Sparks.

We weren’t direct clones, we were all modified to be harder, better, faster, and stronger then Sparks was. They also removed any desire to mate, but kept the ability to love to insure that we wouldn’t kill each other. We did not see Sparks as a “fatherâ€, just another leader.

The original 110 Rock Raiders were already in stasis when the mission began. When more were needed, Docs, who was also trained in medical, had to make more from Spark’s template. After C306 was “Born†Docs teamed up with Sparks to “improve†the system. Nobody knows how, but Jet’s DNA was mixed into the test samples and WHAM! Zephyr was born.

The elevator shaft seamed like a endless pit, with no end in sight. My warm hands clasped the cold, steel ladder in front of me. Each step like a icical in my hand.

“Watch it! You almost ran into me!†Zephyr yelled from below. “And don’t you get any funny ideas while you’re up there!â€

This is the last thing anyone wanted to do. The service ladder was only just wide enough for Zephyr’s drill. Even then, it still got caught on the cage behind us. I can only assume the cage was for our protection, but at the moment it was slowing Zephyr, and me down.

“You wanna stop for a break?†I shouted down at her.

“Finally!†She said, leaning her back on the cage, keeping her free hand on the ladder. She let her drill hand dangle. “I’m starting to think this drill is more of a hassle then a useful weapon,†She said, “It’s heavy enough to carry around.â€

“Where did you get that thing anyway?†I pulled out a map to plan my… our… next coarse of action.

“Well…â€

I was been browsing the library section of the Entertainment deck. I had found some books on Dragons, and was reading them when the call to return to our station was given. I began racing towards the stairs, taking a shortcut through Cirevam’s lab, when the power gave out. I heard the sound of glass smashing in the darkness.

I fumbled around in the darkness. I began to feel my way around the room, until I came to a horrid site. Cirevam was lying face-down near smashed vials of chemicals. I tried to see if he was okay. He was, but told me to leave him, to try to make it back to the base myself. Then he gave me the key to the drill and WHAM. Here we are.

“You’re joshing me right? Cirevam just GAVE you the key?†I said.

“Well, he kinda passed out and….â€

“Never mind. Let’s just get the hell out of this damn shaft.†I stowed my map away, argued with Zephyr; who wanted another minute of rest, and continued descending into the darkness.

We reached the bottom of the shaft 10 minutes later.

“Damn, the elevator door is stuck!†I said, standing on top of the remains left by the ruined elevator.

“Stand back,†Zephyr walked away from the door as far as she could. She revved up her drill and ran at it with full force. The elevator door was sent flying into the hallway, dented beyond any recognizable shape.

“Nice work,†I said. We then realized what was before us.

The door had landed right next to the massive door of the Teleportation Station. The door had a massive hole in it, like something large had burst out from the inside. There were scratched in the surrounding walls, accompanied by large cracks in the floor.

“Holly Wad…†Zephyr hopped through the hole, and examined one of the scratches. Out from the darkness we heard a roar. Me and Zephyr raced towards it, running in and out of Transport Trucks, Chrome Crushers, and other vehicles and buildings ready to be teleported.

The sea of trucks parted to revel the Teleportation bay. What we saw stopped us dead in our tracks. The base had been turned into rubble and scrap, nothing was left in one peice. There were a few raiders shifting around in the rubble, some helping move the wounded, some taking care of the dead. A veteran raider and chief of The Department of Environments, Lair Of Rockwhales, was tending (somewhat ironically) to a old Rock Whale, caught under a ruined Upgrade Station. The room seamed dark even in the dimmed lighting.

“Cough. Help! Cough, Cough.†A voice said behind us. Argiflex was lying by a control panel, covered in blood. Me and Zephyr rushed over. The Rock Whale moaned in the background.

“What the hell happened?†Zephyr asked, kneeling on the ground and leaning on her drill.

“Rockmonsters, in the base. Messed with scanners…†Argiflex had a small coughing fit. “They were teleported up before we could abort. Nobody was able to stop them. We all took cover, and they… destroyed everything they could.â€

I looked around, wondering what should we do now. Rockmonsters in the Lms? I had hoped it was just a few that could be quickly dispatched. But this looked like the work of hundreds of Rockmonsters. Then I saw something that made my heart stop.

I broke into a run. As I ran past the Rockwhale I heard LairofRockWhales say “Looks like you’re not gonna make it old girl…â€

On the far side of the wall, there was another hole, the other raiders must have missed it while looking for the wounded. It was the same size, but it was where it lead to that was scary. Teleportation Station 5 was directly next to a Crystal Storage room. I peered inside.

Not a Crystal left.

By this time Zephyr caught up to me. She looked from the Hole, to the room, to me. Her eyes widened. She remembered that Energy Crystals give monsters strength, and that the room had held 1,000 Crystals.

The Rockwhale moaned again. I took out my laser and shot the fire-detector, setting off the sprinklers.

As the Rockwhale’s moans died off into the sound of water hitting rubble, and I feared that our hope of surviving went with it.

I have abosoultly no idea what edit this is so if you're confused it's because I might have changed something comment so I can fix things.

We weren’t direct clones, we were all modified to be harder, better, faster, and stronger then Sparks was. They also removed any desire to mate, but kept the ability to love to insure that we wouldn’t kill each other. We did not see Sparks as a “fatherâ€, just another leader.

The original 110 Rock Raiders were already in stasis when the mission began. When more were needed, Docs, who was also trained in medical, had to make more from Spark’s template. After C306 was “Born†Docs teamed up with Sparks to “improve†the system. Nobody knows how, but Jet’s DNA was mixed into the test samples and WHAM! Zephyr was born.

I didn't even read past the first paragraph, and I'm thinking one thing:

Wut.

TheEPICtrainrider

I didn't even read past the first paragraph, and I'm thinking one thing:

Wut.

The other edits were worse.

• 2 weeks later...
TheEPICtrainrider

Hello people who like my story about stuff and more stuffs. So you're probably wondering where the next entry is! Well, it's right here on my laptop, but due to reasons I have and am too lazy to explain, you'll have to pm me if you want to see this entry.

All you have to do is pm a message saying "I would enjoy to view your fan fiction, and I promise not to show this entry to anyone else, nor talk about the plot"

I have my reasons for not wanting certain people to read my fan fic. So please follow the instructions above.

• 4 weeks later...
TheEPICtrainrider

IT'S BEEN FUN GUYS. AND STUFF.

SO ANYWAY, I PURPOSELY BROKE MY CAPS-LOCK BECAUSE I'M A IDIOT. I'M ALSO MAKING YOU DOWNLOAD A .DOC DOCUMENT SO YOU CAN SEE THE NEXT AWESOME ENTRY BECAUSE I LIKE MAKING DOCUMENTS.

BTW: Michael Bernard is my Pen-Name of awesomeness.

http://www.rockraidersunited.org/index.php?/files/file/153-e713/

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.