Get background music without a cd!

aLPHA

It is impossible.

*insert random codes that windows 7 does not like*

fix'd

Thing is, once I get there it denies me following it's commands.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lair

• aLPHA

• Anonymouse

• Cyrem

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm...the chief thing might work if he was to be disabled and just have the brief but we would have to remove the, wait, I HAVE IT!!! You know in some levels how when you start playing, after chief leaves, he gives a tip like "build up your base and make sure it's heavily defended" this could be switched with music and it could be set to loop. We would have the songs and all we have to do is change the location of the tip, to the location of the desired song!

If this is done by someone I would like to have some credit in it.

Set it as ambient loop or in the Nero Mixed Mode Disc file, there could be a loop option. I can't test this because I don't have the game but someone else could.

ambient loop or in the Nero Mixed Mode Disc file????

I can't test this because I don't have the game but someone else could.

I thought you already had it installed?

my computer with it on it got blown up...

Oh. I was going to say it could run without a disk.

And what did you mean by the music loop stuff?

Hmm...the chief thing might work if he was to be disabled and just have the brief but we would have to remove the, wait, I HAVE IT!!! You know in some levels how when you start playing, after chief leaves, he gives a tip like "build up your base and make sure it's heavily defended" this could be switched with music and it could be set to loop. We would have the songs and all we have to do is change the location of the tip, to the location of the desired song!

If this is done by someone I would like to have some credit in it.

Extreme110's idea.

And it can be set to loop by repeating the message after it's finished playing.

GUYS!!! You need to make a Nrn/Nrm that has the Captain say a message, although this message is the actual music which you link in the text file. Then have a timer count down the time of the song and another message at the end of that. Then compile it with Oguns compiler into a npl file. Easy!

NPL. We've already gone through it earlier in the topic.

Maybe I'll make a demo script at some point.

I can't see any code that starts at the begining of the level and could be looped other than that of Frozen Frenzy. So IDK.

GUYS!!! You need to make a Nrn/Nrm that has the Captain say a message, although this message is the actual music which you link in the text file. Then have a timer count down the time of the song and another message at the end of that. Then compile it with Oguns compiler into a npl file. Easy!

NPL. We've already gone through it earlier in the topic.

Maybe I'll make a demo script at some point.

I can't see any code that starts at the begining of the level and could be looped other than that of Frozen Frenzy. So IDK.

And what is that?

• 2 weeks later...

I think I solved it

In the file that controls what chief says in the beginning of a level, insert...

$ambient (music location)

Think this will work but I still need to find what file this is

Also delete the ambient action from the Config file.

Please help.

>.< Find where it controls what chief says ingame, not briefing. Can test this only I need to know where this file is.

Addictgamer

http://www.rockraidersunited.org/index.php?/topic/1210-howto-goal-scripting-using-oguns-npl-tool/

Next time, I recommend you do a little reading before asking questions.

Anonymouse

So how do we edit the npl with something that actualy works?

1. Get ubuntu.

2. Use ogun's NPL compiler.

3. ?

4. PROFIT

So how do we edit the npl with something that actualy works?

1. Get ubuntu.

2. Use ogun's NPL compiler.

3. ?

4. PROFIT

Ahem -.-

Again, how do I actualy get the npl compiler to work? I get to the place where is opens but it won't let me go on from there.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.