Get background music without a cd!

aLPHA

TheDoctor

So how do we edit the npl with something that actualy works?

1. Get ubuntu.

2. Use ogun's NPL compiler.

3. ?

4. PROFIT

Ahem -.-

Again, how do I actualy get the npl compiler to work? I get to the place where is opens but it won't let me go on from there.

COMMANDLINE COMMANDLINE!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lair

• aLPHA

• Anonymouse

• Cyrem

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Get ubuntu.

3. ?

4. PROFIT

Ahem -.-

Again, how do I actualy get the npl compiler to work? I get to the place where is opens but it won't let me go on from there.

COMMANDLINE COMMANDLINE!

I KNOW! But it won't let me use the npl lines!

Anonymouse

1. Get ubuntu.

3. ?

4. PROFIT

Ahem -.-

What do you mean by the place where it opens? (Assuming that "is opens" was a typo)

1. Get ubuntu.

3. ?

4. PROFIT

Ahem -.-

COMMANDLINE COMMANDLINE!

I KNOW! But it won't let me use the npl lines!

What do you mean by the place where it opens? (Assuming that "is opens" was a typo)

When I use CmdPrmpt to get to the npl editor, I can't use the program!

When I use CmdPrmpt to get to the npl editor, I can't use the program!

Thats because you don't use CMD.exe. Create a file, name it something.bat. Insert:

npl.exe -c MyGoalScript.txt

pause

Into the .bat file. 'MyGoalScript' is the file you want to compile into an NPL. Run the .bat file.

If it doesn't come up with any errors, you did well.

BTW: Music Looping and NPL Compiling? ... Ah I see how they relate ;)

Anonymouse

BTW: Music Looping and NPL Compiling? ... Ah I see how they relate ;)

Cyrem, I know you may have meant it literally, but JUST IN CASE it was sarcasm, here we go:

We had the idea of making one of those event-triggered tutorial messages on a timer to make ambient music.

I don't know, I replaced some of the Chief's "build up your base and make sure etc. etc." lines today and when the help menu comes up or you pause the game the music stops. It might be better to see if replacing the actual ambiance files with music would work better.

Tried that only it restarts the music when you pause, and you can only play one song throughout all the levels.

The "bloop blip blahp blop....blip" ambiance is split up into several files so you could have more than one song. But you're saying the next one won't play/loop unless you pause the game? Bummer.

NEW IDEA! Add tutorial points and when they are triggered it plays music. An intense part will play more intense music and it would be okay for it to stop playing. Another idea is to make a bunch of different tool stores, each one with different ambience so that there will be music. Go with idea #1, not the second idea.

• 4 weeks later...

NEW IDEA! Add tutorial points and when they are triggered it plays music. An intense part will play more intense music and it would be okay for it to stop playing.

That would be great for boss fights... hehehe.... AAHAHAAAHAAAA- hi *runs off*

I used it in the first level when you find the tool store. I also want to be able to add custom tutorial actions.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.