Get background music without a cd!

aLPHA

Okay after 20 epic fails I have done it. Rock Raiders now can play a looping track of your choice!!!! Insert your music as Wav. format.

Go into the Cfg. to line 1252 with the looping ambient file.

Replace that file with the file name of your music. Save the Cfg. Run game and enjoy!!!

Please note that it will freeze loading progress bar and may affect game speed. It loads slower but hey, this is what you get for running huge music files.

Hmm...the chief thing might work if he was to be disabled and just have the brief but we would have to remove the, wait, I HAVE IT!!! You know in some levels how when you start playing, after chief leaves, he gives a tip like "build up your base and make sure it's heavily defended" this could be switched with music and it could be set to loop. We would have the songs and all we have to do is change the location of the tip, to the location of the desired song!

If this is done by someone I would like to have some credit in it.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lair

• aLPHA

• Anonymouse

• Cyrem

Top Posters In This Topic

By the sounds of it it will only play one song throughout the game, you can't play a different song every level

Yeah... That's kinda what I needed...

Hmmm...This is not the same sound mod I had done, for, it still played 3 tracks (more if you set it to...).

It didn't loop the whole game...

Weird...

Well, I don't seem to have backed up the version of the game that has this mod installed.

It is probably lost forever, but I am still trying to rediscover how I had done it.

Didn't I post it on old rru?

Did some one else?

Did you try my method? the only problem with mine is that it won't loop, so you'll just have to make the song go for like 20 minutes.

What was yours?

What was yours?

You know how chief says the mission objective, we'll replace that with the song file and remove the "@" symbol from the path in the cfg. That way as so as the level starts music will start also. And yes, I tested it myself.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry lair, but the cheif talking thing wouldn't work. I have an idea on how to get it to work but I haven't been in a rock raiders modding mood for a week. I'll work more on this when I feel more refreshed.

I put this line on a level

Music Sounds/Streamed/RRMain

Oddly, It didn't play music yet it did NOT crash when it read a strange line.

• 2 weeks later...

If you want more than 1 song in the game just make a playlist in a program like Virtual DJ/Windows Movie Maker and save it as a .wav file. problem fix'd :P

If you want more than 1 song in the game just make a playlist in a program like Virtual DJ/Windows Movie Maker and save it as a .wav file. problem fix'd :P

lolwin

Yeah, just use some program like Audacity, or something like that and put the songs together. You know... I might just do that.

Did you try my method? the only problem with mine is that it won't loop, so you'll just have to make the song go for like 20 minutes.

What was yours?

Replacing the Cheif's speech with music. It dosen't work, he stops talking when you leave the breifing so the music stops. My version is better, I could get the different music on each level but I don't feel like modding now.

• 4 weeks later...

GUYS!!! You need to make a Nrn/Nrm that has the Captain say a message, although this message is the actual music which you link in the text file. Then have a timer count down the time of the song and another message at the end of that. Then compile it with Oguns compiler into a npl file. Easy!

What was yours?

Replacing the Cheif's speech with music. It dosen't work, he stops talking when you leave the breifing so the music stops. My version is better, I could get the different music on each level but I don't feel like modding now.

No, it does work, I tested it myself. I said you have to remove the "@" symbol from the file path in the CFG to make it play after the mission briefing is closed. Or if you know how to write goal scripts you can do what Extreme said.

GUYS!!! You need to make a Nrn/Nrm that has the Captain say a message, although this message is the actual music which you link in the text file. Then have a timer count down the time of the song and another message at the end of that. Then compile it with Oguns compiler into a npl file. Easy!

One funny (minor) problem with it is it might make chief pop up.

CHIEF THE AMBIENT SINGER

One funny (minor) problem with it is it might make chief pop up.

CHIEF THE AMBIENT SINGER

I'll upload a mod tommorow that gets rid of him. I know how to.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.