Lego Rock Raiders: Ground and walls are missing (Black)

NutsInMaBasket

NutsInMaBasket

Hello! 

I just installed Rock Raiders after quite a while and I decided to add a mod (basically changed lego.cfg file with a new one, and changed the LEGORR1.WAD file by making a new one using the new lego.cfg)
Now I can run my game perfectly fine and the title screen and loading screen have colours and all, the interface is there when I start a game and I can see the Rock raiders, but the rest (floor and walls) are missing. Any way of fixing this? Or should I simply remove the mod? (mod is called "No frustrating mechanics", I'll also write what it does just in case) 

- Slimy Slugs can now be killed by the electric fences, and the laser and pusher beams are a lot more effective against them. (You should still make sure to have your fence around the base be 2 blocks wide though, since sometimes the slugs can sneak past them in-between the zaps if there's enough of them attacking.)
- Rock Raiders and various vehicles move a lot faster now, to compensate for how spacious some levels are. This actually manages to bring the playtime in some levels from a full hour to 30 minutes or less.
- Small Digger vehicle can now drill through hard rock in 30 seconds, as opposed to it taking 3 whole minutes. Same thing was done also to the Granite Grinder.
- Raiders are no longer scared of bats. This is done to prevent bats from making it impossible for the Raiders to do anything if they happen to fly into the base.
- Dynamite now has a lot smaller blast radius, to prevent Raiders from accidentally harming themselves with it.
- Raiders no longer have to eat at the Support Station. This was done to prevent situations where Raiders go to the opposite side of the map, and then immediately go back to eat due to their energy running out.
- All levels now come with the same, optimized set of priorities for the AI, which should be suitable for pretty much any situation.
- All hidden goals of levels have been significantly reduced, meaning that acquiring 100% completion is now not only possible, but very easy to do.
- Ore costs of certain buildings have been reduced, to cut down on unnecessary waiting times.
- Oxygen depletes at a much less rapid pace in Don't Panic.
- Small spiders no longer spawn. (The first level might be the only exception.)
- Camera can be zoomed out twice as far. (Note that when the camera is zoomed out this far, some objects on the edges of your view may be turning invisible.)
- Removed the long-ass LEGO Media logo animation on startup.
- Prevented certain messages from bringing the game's speed back to default.
- Added a couple of zeroes to the TextureUsage value, which is supposed to improve the game's performance.
- The camera moves faster now.
- Shortened the amount of time Rock Raiders need to upgrade.
- Drastically increased the firepower of mobile laser cutters, making them not only actually useful, but easily the most destructive vehicles in the game. Try them out, they're fun as heck to use now.
- Brought back Tunnel Transport. Be careful, the vehicle can be a little glitchy.

I would greatly appreciate any help! Thanks!!

PS: Before installing the mod I ran the game, it worked perfectly, also played a few levels just to check

Edited by NutsInMaBasket

I dont test this mod but i think something is broken and the game can't load textures.

You can try this if you want, it's my version of the game and it's added some lot of news cool stuffs ;)and ready to use

- Games and drivers already preconfigured to run on modern machines
- Level textures (Lava, Rock and Ice) are in high resolution
- Video resolution has changed to HD
- 3D model of Rock Raiders, objects and monsters are in high resolution
- PC and Playstation music have been added along with a track created by a fan
- Game includes 8 tutorial levels, 25 official levels and 43 community levels
- Adding video for community levels

and more more more things ^^

NutsInMaBasket
9 minutes ago, phenix8fr said:

I dont test this mod but i think something is broken and the game can't load textures.

You can try this if you want, it's my version of the game and it's added some lot of news cool stuffs ;)and ready to use

- Games and drivers already preconfigured to run on modern machines
- Level textures (Lava, Rock and Ice) are in high resolution
- Video resolution has changed to HD
- 3D model of Rock Raiders, objects and monsters are in high resolution
- PC and Playstation music have been added along with a track created by a fan
- Game includes 8 tutorial levels, 25 official levels and 43 community levels
- Adding video for community levels

and more more more things ^^

Hey that looks pretty good ;) 
I'll try it out, however I also still want to know how to fix this problem, so if anyone can help it'd mean much to me ^^ 

Are the walls and floor pure black or are they completely invisible? The latter happens sometimes and I don't think we've figured out why, but it only makes certain parts of wall/floor textures transparent. It shouldn't make everything disappear. A screenshot might help if you can get one.

NutsInMaBasket
1 hour ago, Cirevam said:

Are the walls and floor pure black or are they completely invisible? The latter happens sometimes and I don't think we've figured out why, but it only makes certain parts of wall/floor textures transparent. It shouldn't make everything disappear. A screenshot might help if you can get one.

First of all thanks for replying ^^ 
I went ahead and made a few screens, here's the best one I guess

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DSyInN_6zu0XgI82IIwqEsHGTyzinN_q/view?usp=sharing

Yeah no idea why the link is so big, any good png to url converters you know? :D 

Edit: I removed the 5-pages long link and instead made a google drive one.

Edited by NutsInMaBasket
Too long

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.