Jump to content
Maxim Ivanov

Lego Racers Unity remastered.

Recommended Posts

Cirevam

Those powerups look good, almost like candy. Will I spit cannonballs out of my mouth if I eat the red ones?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maxim Ivanov
8 hours ago, Cirevam said:

Those powerups look good, almost like candy. Will I spit cannonballs out of my mouth if I eat the red ones?

But don't try yellow one... it will end badly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maxim Ivanov

Hi everyone. I need help. 

I need: 

  • Sound effects for powerUps (pickups, cannon shot, oil spill and etc.) from original game, if it possible.
  • Dancing in MainMenu Captain RedBeard and King Kahuka.  

Any major updates i will post there. For now i have many paperwork for college and can't give time for game.


Here is what I have now, and a small comparison with the old game

1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png
5.png
6.png
7.png
8.png
9.png
10.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maxim Ivanov

Little scary...
image.png

ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheChief

Don't worry about it too much, no need to perfect everything at once. Really nice work so far on this project!

 

For the sound effects, you can take them directly from the original game. From your Lego Racers program files, extract the LEGO.JAM file (LEGO.jam File Extractor - Modding Tools - Rock Raiders United), and inside the GAMEDATA/COMMON folder there will be all the sounds you're looking for. They are in .PCM format, Media Player Classic (Home · MPC-HC) opens them perfectly fine, it's up to you if you want to convert the files to a different format.

For the animations, I think you'll need to reanimate those in Unity. Take a good look at the original and try to mimic it.

 

Good luck! I'm curious for more gameplay (especially AI) :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jappelsap

This looks really nice. I have made modernised versions of the cars a while back, if you want to have those in your game as an option I can share the files if you want.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maxim Ivanov
1 hour ago, TheChief said:

Don't worry about it too much, no need to perfect everything at once. Really nice work so far on this project!

 

For the sound effects, you can take them directly from the original game. From your Lego Racers program files, extract the LEGO.JAM file (LEGO.jam File Extractor - Modding Tools - Rock Raiders United), and inside the GAMEDATA/COMMON folder there will be all the sounds you're looking for. They are in .PCM format, Media Player Classic (Home · MPC-HC) opens them perfectly fine, it's up to you if you want to convert the files to a different format.

For the animations, I think you'll need to reanimate those in Unity. Take a good look at the original and try to mimic it.

 

Good luck! I'm curious for more gameplay (especially AI) :) 

Any ideas how to convert the sounds to mp3 or wav? And MPC cant run extracted sounds. I try to open them on Audavity and Audition, but get only bad sound, like old TV without channels. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheChief
43 minutes ago, Maxim Ivanov said:

Any ideas how to convert the sounds to mp3 or wav? And MPC cant run extracted sounds. I try to open them on Audavity and Audition, but get only bad sound, like old TV without channels. 

 

Interesting.. I wonder why it works for me in MPC-HC. 

 

Anyways, FFMPEG 4.4 contains codecs that can work with these files. I converted a few files though the volume ends up way lower in the converted mp3.

 

MPC-HC gives me the following audio info:

Audio: MP3 11025Hz mono 16kbps [A: mp3, 11025 Hz, mono, 16 kb/s]
Audio: 0x0000 11025Hz mono 44kbps [A: adpcm_ima_alp, 11025 Hz, mono, s16, 44 kb/s].

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LDD Mods
7 hours ago, Maxim Ivanov said:

Any ideas how to convert the sounds to mp3 or wav? And MPC cant run extracted sounds. I try to open them on Audavity and Audition, but get only bad sound, like old TV without channels. 

If you go on file archive there is a pcm converter for the audio files. It also depends on the copy you have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MyTMorty

I can try to look at these in Pro Tools. I have the disc of this game somewhere, maybe that and Pro Tools will let me get a high quality sound file converted to mp3 or wav.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MyTMorty

Had a breakthrough, though not with Pro Tools. Found a way to convert .PCM to .OGG, and they sound like they should (which isn't the highest quality, but that's how the original sounds were). I'll put the sound effects in that Drive folder, as well as the music files and ambient sound effects from each race and the menus (once I get them all converted)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maxim Ivanov
2 minutes ago, MyTMorty said:

Had a breakthrough, though not with Pro Tools. Found a way to convert .PCM to .OGG, and they sound like they should (which isn't the highest quality, but that's how the original sounds were). I'll put the sound effects in that Drive folder, as well as the music files and ambient sound effects from each race and the menus (once I get them all converted)

OGG format fine too. I'll test all sounds what you guys can made. Thank you for your help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MyTMorty

I don't have permission to add anything to your Google Drive folder, but I think I have all that you need. I converted every .PCM I could find into a .OGG, as well as every .TUN file I could find. If any are missing, let me know!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MyTMorty

They're all uploaded! I tried to match which folder I pulled them from, though it wouldn't surprise me if some maps had the same sound effect as others here or there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maxim Ivanov
18 minutes ago, MyTMorty said:

They're all uploaded! I tried to match which folder I pulled them from, but it wouldn't surprise me if some maps had the same sound effect as others here or there.


Cool. You guys did the great job! 
Now everyone can download all LEGO Racers sounds. I think what this big contribution to the community. 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1l6Jf8g8aO7p84j5SLfi9COPa166FUEcw

Many thanks to @MyTMorty and @TheChief. 

 

2411b6a4fa6a2cdb006841dc3a6119b6.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SieTLG3651

Oh man this has so much promise! Nice work Maxim!

 

Hope this gets completed someday but if it doesn't at least we get to look at what a re release would look like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.