Constant crashes on Hot Stuff

Gerner

Hello RRU

After many years of unsuccesfully wanting this game to run, i finally succeded... Mostly. After purchasing a new pc i desided to try to get this game to run, and this time i could. I have played throgh most of the campaing except for the three last levels. Here i unfortunantly have constant chrashes on the level Hot Stuff. I have tried to complete the level 5 times now, and in the first 10 mins or so, it always seems to work fine. i play the level as you are intendet to do in the start, but suddenly it chrashes every time. I have tried to make sense of why it does this and tried to figure out what might have caused the crash, but i cant come up with a common denominator. 

I the other level ''back to basics'' i also had the same problem. But i have only tried this level once, so i might just have gotten unlucky. 

As far as mods are concerned, i have cafeteria, the sonic blaster fix, Aiden's improvements pack. Efter my third attempt i wanted to try something different, so i also installed baz's mod, but this had no change in the chrashes.

So i am asking if any of you have any idea what might cause the chrashes or maybe how to fix it.

I never got ti complete the game as i played it when i was very little, so i am really hoping for som help so i can finnaly complete it :)

Thanks for your time :)

Hello, welcome back to RRU! :)

First of all, installing Baz's Mod is a bit of a bad idea for trying to fix crashes xD You'll want to uninstall it, but IIRC uninstalling it is a bit fiddly - you may need to nuke your LRR installation and redo it from start. (Unless you made backups! Backups are always good things).

Crash-wise, installing Community Edition (and the also needed CE:Core patch) may help. Some people report CE gives more crashes - some people report less. Unfortunately there's not a lot you can do to get LRR "not to crash." :PYou can toy around with additional command line parameters and various compatibility settings on the exe, but that can be tiring and time-consuming to go through. Generally XP SP2 compat - or no compat at all - with admin parameters - or not - is usually the most helpful.

The issue could possibly be related to my Improvements Pack, but that seems unlikely. I didn't play through every single level and don't think I touched anything weird in Hot Stuff...

... It won't allow you to not crash, but you can skip the level using the command line parameter -testlevels and play the last level. 

I also couldn't finish this post without mentioning Manic Miners, which I've only ever had crash once over two years and that was because I was doing something blatantly illegal with the scripting system :P

Thanks very much for the help! After a fresh install i managed to beat the rest of the game (almost) without chrashes! I was not able to run the CE version. The newest version of it would crash my game instantly, and if i downloaded an older version the game would run for somthing like 2 minutes before crashing. But no matter. i was finnally able to beat the game after so many years and for that i thank you and the rest of this amazing community, for making it possible. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.