The music of RRU Arena

Shadowblaze

Shadowblaze

So a few years ago the one and only JimbobJeffers asked me to make some music for a game he was making called RRU Arena. Sadly the project was scrapped but the music still remains; and here it is in all of its perfectly loopable glory. As always, enjoy!

15 hours ago, Shadowblaze said:

Sadly the project was scrapped but the music still remains

Sorry about that, the fact it was scrapped was likely my own fault.

(I was brought on-board as an artist, but this was back in the days where I'd naively just join/start new projects without thinking whether or not I had the time/skills/dedication to do so. As a result I struggled to maintain interest in the project and was eventually forced to leave the project in order to focus on my education.

Considering that was the last I heard about the project and it was never publicly mentioned/teased in the years since, I assumed that me leaving the project might've been partially - if not entirely - responsible for killing the project)

I remember being told that you were working on the soundtrack, but I never got to hear it until now and honestly, it's great stuff!

(Regarding the LEGO Racers track, I especially love the way you added/remixed the game's music samples... makes it feel nostalgic, whilst still audibly unique to fit with RRU Arena's tone. It's excellent work!)

• Like 1

Aw yis, the soundtrack has finally been released, it's really damn good Shadowblaze! I was so amazed when you sent them over yonks ago, they perfectly captured the themes they were based on in a frantic battle setting :D Maybe someone else will make a game some day that they can be used in.

On 3/19/2021 at 9:17 AM, Ben24x7 said:

Sorry about that, the fact it was scrapped was likely my own fault.

(I was brought on-board as an artist, but this was back in the days where I'd naively just join/start new projects without thinking whether or not I had the time/skills/dedication to do so. As a result I struggled to maintain interest in the project and was eventually forced to leave the project in order to focus on my education.

Considering that was the last I heard about the project and it was never publicly mentioned/teased in the years since, I assumed that me leaving the project might've been partially - if not entirely - responsible for killing the project)

Yoooo let's not be so presumptuous Ben haha. Looking through my old files, RRU Arena was apparently the last Flash game I ever worked on - if I recall correctly I simply lost interest in Flash programming (its end was nigh by that point anyway) and moved on so the game was never taken beyond the basic menu and player programming, I was nowhere near the point of adding actual art assets yet. Nothing to do with you dude. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.