Sonic Crash and Crystal Reset

LordStarKnight

LordStarKnight

Hello

I know nothing about this website and modding a lego game.

But I really would like to finish this game once.

I have crash in one of the last mission where Sonic Blast makes the game crash and sometimes the crystals reset.

I tried opening wad files with different applications but it fails everytime and nohing happen.

What can I do, please?

Hello, and welcome to RRU!

Firstly, the WAD files can be opened with Wad Recycler, which is a great easy-to-use tool. You'll likely be wanting to look at Lego.cfg in LegoRR1.wad.

Secondly, the Sonic Blaster crash is mostly unknown after all these years. There's been progress with these and these but even after using both of these it's possible you'll still have a crash. Most players opt to just never use them.

Thirdly, the crystal glitch is reasonably well known. It happens when your raiders fire a Laser Beam, right?

and there are a couple of ways to fix it:

- mod it yourself following the above instructions

- install my Improvements Pack (requires Cafeteria, but there's an older .WAD version down the bottom which contains that fix too)

- install Community Edition (also requires Cafeteria)

• Like 1

LordStarKnight

Thank you ^^

But it doesn't work.

When I open WadRecycler and drag LegoRR1.wad nothing happen.

It says "Processing LegoRR1.wad" for litteraly Half a second then Nothing.

On 2/17/2021 at 9:16 AM, LordStarKnight said:

Thank you ^^

But it doesn't work.

When I open WadRecycler and drag LegoRR1.wad nothing happen.

It says "Processing LegoRR1.wad" for litteraly Half a second then Nothing.

It should have created a new folder, LegoRR1, right next to LegoRR1.wad .

Is LRR installed in Program Files? If so, you should probably move it out of there - there are a lot of read/write restrictions MS places on programs in that directory and they can cause a lot of stuff to fail. I could see that causing an issue.

LordStarKnight

Alright I changed the file location and I could open it.

I tried to correct the Sonic crash but the first solution: I didn't find this file /Data/MiscAnims/ and the second didn't work

How can I play this mission with so many slugs without Sonic Blaster?

You're talking about Back to Basics, right? Slugs only spawn in that level when you have collected ten or more crystals. An easy strategy I've used is to ignore the southern cavern and go east immediately. You can see that there are a ton of crystals (over 80) in the top right, and there's only one slug hole over there. You can easily block that one hole with unpowered Teleport Pads, then collect all of the crystals nearby. This may take a while since you have to drill through so much rock, but you can see that you won't need to use too much dynamite. After the first two Hard Rock walls, you can drill a path all the way to the top right without opening any other caverns or using more explosives.

large.BackToBasicsCror.png.4b55e35b23c80

7 hours ago, LordStarKnight said:

Alright I changed the file location and I could open it.

I tried to correct the Sonic crash but the first solution: I didn't find this file /Data/MiscAnims/ and the second didn't work

How can I play this mission with so many slugs without Sonic Blaster?

MiscAnims is in LegoRR0.wad , so you'll need to open that too. As for the second not working, you'll also need to recompile LegoRR1.wad when you're done - just drag your modified LegoRR1 folder into Wad Recycler and it'll recompile.

Oh, and other slug-related bits of cheese you can do to break the level

- Wall off a slug hole with depowered teleport pads, the slug AI breaks and gets stuck (like so)

- enable debug keys with -programmer parameter (info) and hit F12 to disable slug spawning (you'll need to hit F12 again when you have 45 crystals to win the level)
- teleport up your Tool Store to make crystals never drain

- mass-teleport useless SMLCs to keep your crystal count below 11 so slugs never spawn, then mass-teleport them up to quickly grab the crystals before the slugs overwhelm you

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.