Crash with Dynamite

phenix8fr

Hi all community , i strated try mod the game with some tools fund here but i have a probleme with the "dynamite" , i can use HiPoly mod or extended countdown with the vanilla version of LRR but  with Cafeteria or Community edition the dynamite do crash the game ( at "4" in normal or Hi poly and at "3" with extended countdown)

Some one have any idea for fix it  ?

• 3 months later...
ecoute_philippe

Hi, playing with Community Edition I have the same crash at "4". Depending on the level, it crashes on the first dynamite, sometimes on the second. But I have no problem when I am playing the normal edition (installed with LRR masterpiece tutorial).

I have tried to install the Extended Dynamite Countdown from here:

I still have the same crash at "4".

I wonder if the crash still happens with the Kamikaze Raiders mod (it's in the Extended Dynamite Countdown thread). If it does not, I can make a new version of the mod that makes dynamite detonate after less than a second but without hurting your raiders. I think I know how to do it, but I'd like someone to test it to see if the crash happens when there's no countdown.

Edit: After talking with @Slimy Slug, it seems like the problem might have nothing to do with the dynamite animation at all. Here's what was written:

dynamite not killing raiders is fairly simple iirc, the dynamite crashing is one of two things, the countdown animation related one or the task system meltdown

so for me
and after messing around with a debugger to breakpoint where it was crashing
i found out the function in question seemed to fire when a raider first picked up dynamite.  if they drop the dynamite then pick it up again, and the same wall has been set to dynamite, there's a chance of a crash.  what triggered a crash 100% of the time was interrupting a raider by clicking on them, causing the task system to see the raider withe the dynamite already and ask them to place it.  the moment the dynamite is placed, the function fires again when it shouldn't, and the crash occurs

Try leaving your raiders alone after they pick up dynamite. You can try the kamikaze mod if you want, but I think Slimy Slug might have the right idea.

15 hours ago, Cirevam said:

Try leaving your raiders alone after they pick up dynamite. You can try the kamikaze mod if you want, but I think Slimy Slug might have the right idea.

This is a good solution but sometimes the Raiders puts the dynamite alone when he is tired.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.