Entering Sphynx - Game Crashing

bradleybrand

bradleybrand

I have done things on LEGO Island and the Castle Island. I have met Johnny Thunder at the desert "Adventurers" island.

As soon as I try to enter the Sphynx of 59/100 Save, the game crashes.

Anything I can do to try to prevent this crash?

Each time I load my save game and try to enter the sphynx, the game crashes.

Never heard of that happening. Maybe the files for that level are corrupted somehow? In the data folder, look for bob and bod files named z##WAS (I forget what the numbers are and don't have the game installed to check). Try getting fresh copies of them perhaps, if anything seems unusual.

7 hours ago, webfischi said:

Are you able to share the save game?

I have uploaded the save file to DropBox - https://www.dropbox.com/s/3dcjhua3xevzcbh/Save00.lgo?dl=0

Game been working fine until this point.

Mod manager mods: 

• Castle Island Day - Xiron
  • HD Font - EDITOR
  • HD Texture - webfischi
  • Island Grass for Island 2 - Xiron
  • Nicer Skies - Xiron
  • Skateboard Speed Modifier - Xiron
  • Skipable Intro Videos - mumboking

Mod manager settings:

• Custom resolution 1920x1080 (my actual resolution is 2560x1440 but not supported)
  • Widescreen Hack
  • Load Screen Fix
  • No Intro Videos

So I checked your save game, but I had to disable Castle Island Day and Nicer Skies because they are incompatible with the German game version, I would suggest disabling both. I was also unable to check it with HD Font, because all Languages except English have a different charackter set.

Maybe even disabling all mods except widescreen, load screen fix and no intros

Edit: Just noticed that other texture mods like Castle Island Day doesn't work with HD Texture, somehow my textures are more dominant

Edit 2: Oh well, looks like I found the issue, while I worked on the Nicer Skies mod for the german version, looks like the hex address is NOT for the sky box color, I don't know to get the color from Whack-a-Snake anyway, because there is no visible sky that would proof that the address is right. Just remove 3C4D0B;FFDD7F from the patch.txt in the Nicer Skies mod folder and repatch the game

Thank you guys. I disabled those mods are was able to proceed. I have another issue now with the car. 

So controls are [ALT] to accelerate, [CNTRL] to reverse - think that's correct.

So I go to accelerate my car and I cannot each reach the first pickup brick before my car loss acceleration. Tried holding both [UP] arrow and [ALT] without any luck.

Could another mod be causing this issue? Or am I not using the driving mechanics properly?

Screenshot of mission

Actually I would need a screenshot of the controls as well or a video with key capturing, but if it is set to default, it should only be LALT for acceleration, it's important to use the left one. There should be no mod issue, because I played it, while testing.

UNLESS, the sky box color address for Desert Speedster in the Nicer Skies mod is wrong as well, if you still use this mod, now that I wrote how it's fixed.

4 hours ago, webfischi said:

Actually I would need a screenshot of the controls as well or a video with key capturing, but if it is set to default, it should only be LALT for acceleration, it's important to use the left one. There should be no mod issue, because I played it, while testing.

UNLESS, the sky box color address for Desert Speedster in the Nicer Skies mod is wrong as well, if you still use this mod, now that I wrote how it's fixed.

Hello again. I have uploaded a video of the issue onto YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_9HpAP1GiE (if unavailable, still processing)

I use left [ALT] on my keyboard to accelerate and [Left Arrow], [Right Arrow] for turning the car. Still having issues.

I'm really guessing into the blue now, because I don't have any issue. What's the refreshrate of your monitor? Try V-Sync and force it to 60 fps

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.