The OpenLSR Project - Featuring Stunt Rally Toolbox and LSRutil.NET!

Yellowberry

Hello again, people of RRU! For the past 2 years I have been working tirelessly to understand everything I possibly can about LSR, and it's file formats. You may remember my old post about .trk files. Since then, I've solidified my understanding of the file format, and expanded my research to the other formats of the game. I have made some very promising progress, with about half of the file formats to a level where I can read, modify and write them.

To help aid with creating tools to utilize and modify these file formats, I have been working on a C# library for developers to implement into their own tools. I call it LSRutil.NET, and I've been adding better support for file formats whenever I find out more about the game.

unknown.png

A chart, as of today, of the supported file formats. This is the cutting edge version, which will be released later this week.

In addition to creating this library, I have been working on a GUI application that you can use to mod your game files in various ways, called SRtoolbox. SRtoolbox uses LSRutil.NET as a way to easily deal with all of the different file formats from the game.

And this brings me to my biggest announcement, the OpenLSR Project. My goal is to re-create or re-implement LSR with the help of modern technology and make it open source for all who own a copy of LSR to enjoy. Once that goal has been met, the secondary goal is to create brand new assets, to allow the entire game to be distributed without having to own a copy of LSR. I know, it's a massive undertaking, and that's why I'm here today.

I'd like to ask you, the people of RRU, to contribute to this project however you can, whether it's by providing research on the different formats, disassembling the game, or just suggesting features you think would be nice to have, anything helps to get this off the ground!

I am currently away from my computer, but I will post some more screenshots when I get a chance. Thanks for reading!

• 1 year later...
Cyberbrickmaster86

I might be the only one bothered by this from the original game, but I'd like the option to disable the Mr. X guide character in the main menus and have him not reappear at all until I choose to turn him back on again. I never liked how he would interrupt me to turn him back on again automatically at times after turning him off.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.