Lego Racers 1 Graphics Issues

AUS2006

Hello, I am new to this forum and only made this account to solve this issue. 

I used a burned copy of Lego Racers that I downloaded from Archive.org and installed it on an old Pentium 3 (933Mhz) PC and it had a weird graphics issue but I was able to fix it.

Now I have a new windows 98 gaming rig with a 1.2Ghz Athlon, 512MB PC133 RAM, Asus 32MB Nvidia Geforce 2, and a Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 PCI sound-card. It now has a really funky issue see the images for what it looks like but I will do my best to describe it. The characters and map have some parts that are invisible and others that are really dark and also the map doesn't render fully sometimes.

Image of title screen:

https://ibb.co/jkL3HNY

I have looked everywhere and have found nothing i may just have to burn another lego racers disk. It’s not even that scratched ether and the game works fine on other computers. It’s my GPU I’ve had this issue with this game and it before but never this bad.

I did do the exe command to allow me to change the GPU settings but it was locked in software even if I selected hardware. This issue is just a glitch with the software from what I read the only thing I haven’t tried was the -direct3d command.

Hi, have you already checked NVidia's website for the latest drivers? They also have a Legacy section. I have a question: Which graphics card do you have exactly and is it integrated on the mainboard or is it a separate card? I have tried to find it online and I have only found ones with name additions like V7100, V7700 or GTS. A more precise description could help with finding the correct driver.
Since you mentioned that you encountered less severe problems with this graphics card in the past I wonder, if you could get another old graphics card to test this issue?

44 minutes ago, Arthuriel said:

Hi, have you already checked NVidia's website for the latest drivers? They also have a Legacy section. I have a question: Which graphics card do you have exactly and is it integrated on the mainboard or is it a separate card? I have tried to find it online and I have only found ones with name additions like V7100, V7700 or GTS. A more precise description could help with finding the correct driver.
Since you mentioned that you encountered less severe problems with this graphics card in the past I wonder, if you could get another old graphics card to test this issue?

No I have not checked Nvidia’s website but I will do so and will post back here if it changes anything it is a non-integrated graphics card using the AGP bus only other old graphics card I have is an Nvidia TNT to model 64 but it’s dead.

I just upgraded my graphics drivers and it made no difference whatsoever

My GPU is an ASUS Geforce 2 GTS

I think it’s the V7700

It’s too bad that this is happening this is a cherished childhood game are used to play this back in first grade at my school. Here’s a video of what it’s like to play the game: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KQUrt8ihw24YCS2QmKiQHM7JzXLd6LO9/view?usp=drivesdk

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.