LRR But Without the Crust

Shay

I picked up LRR again because I never finished Baz's Mod when I last played it. I had the idea of remaking the UI textures in HD - mostly just for fun, but these could make a nice mod someday.

I started off with the mouse cursor. Here's the original, upscaled 4x for ease of viewing...

large.Aclosed.png.f2cfd1cb2552677ce8c75f

...And here's my HD version, made from scratch!

large.Pointer_Final.png.94ce824cd3a9de2d

I'll likely add more textures to this thread as I create them. Thoughts and feedback are always appreciated!

Wow, nice work! I like how you've kept the redness, but made it into something much more recognisable. The faded dirtish look is super cool too.

5 hours ago, Shay said:

I picked up LRR again because I never finished Baz's Mod when I last played it. I had the idea of remaking the UI textures in HD - mostly just for fun, but these could make a nice mod someday.

Manic Miners could maybe do with them ;)

11 hours ago, Shay said:

If Baraklava would like, I'll happily make UI elements for Manic Miners! I saw the recent update and it's looking really nice.

Sure, I'm definitely in need of new UI elements for the game, much like how Arthuriel made a "Button generator" so that I could create buttons from scratch with just a few clicks. Right now I basically recycle a few upscaled UI windows over and over again hahah... the original UI elements were 3D renders though, I've had one submission for a pointer using a 3D render technique, and it looks quite nice, but is hard to get just right. In the case of your pointer above you'll notice the shadow is missing (I assume it's supposed to be from the in-game "pointer light") and there's no telling if that will make it feel significantly different to the original pointer or not. I can try this out in-game to see how it looks, but feel free to stop by the Discord server for discussion of other UI elements! ;) UI upgrades might be part of the V0.4 update to upgrade the visuals further, not sure yet

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.