Fatal Error - LEGO racers

SeymourPant

When i load up LEGO racers, I get an error message that says 'Fatal error - Unable to set message drain'. There is another thread about this already, but I could not find a solution through the suggested link. How do you get past this error message?

Make a shortcut to the exe if you don't have one already, right click it, go into properties, and add -novideo to the target path. It should end up looking something like this depending on where you installed it to:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\LEGO Media\Games\LEGO Racers\LEGORacers.exe" -novideo

• Thanks 1

it wont let me. It says that the name specified in target box is invalid. 

edit; whoops i just forgot to format it to run on windows 8, i'm good now. Thanks for the help

Edited by SeymourPant
fixed my own issue

• 7 months later...
Some-Guy113

That’s because the infamous Indeo Video Codec is required for the intro videos to run. Just include the “-novideo” parameter in the app shortcut, and voila! Even Windows 10 x64 edition (in its current form, that is) will run the game just fine.

and what about “formatting for modern Windows”? I didn’t have this issue. Maybe get the alternate installer on GitHub, and do the Minimal Installation with it? That’s what I now use; and it works much better than the original installer. Otherwise, at least your problem’s fixed; and we should all work to avoid this issue later.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.