Oasis Game Bug

SolidTux

I'm playing the game on Linux under Wine with the following mods:

- Windowed Mode

- Load Screen Fix

- No Intro

Everything works fine so far (except from the fact that helicopters are way to fast), but I can not complete the race to the oasis. The car automatically accelerates and drives back alternatingly. Here is a short video of what happens when I don't press anything at all. Pressing the acceleration button make the car accelerate a bit longer, but I can't reach the first green stone.

Technical Data:

- Fedora 32

- Wine 5.7

- mesa 20.0.7

- Radeon RX460

- AMD Ryzen 5 1600X Six-Core

Edit: This is the same thing as the Rubberbanding bug...

lol username

Windowed mode uncaps the framerate, which in turn, causes that. Some of the physics calculations in that minigame (among many other things in LI2) are directly tied to the framerate, so at unexpectedly high framerates, you get that result. At unexpectedly low framerates, the opposite happens. The fix would be to either find some way to cap the framerate, or run in fullscreen so the game's own FPS cap is active. If you go the former, I've heard RivaTuner can limit framerate artificially...? But I've never tried it myself, or heard of anyone trying it with LI2 specifically.

Thank you! Running in fullscreen itself did not work, because of graphics glitches (nearly everything was black except a small strip on the top). But together with wine's "virtual desktop" everything work great!

RivaTurner seems to be Windows and NVidia, therefore it doesn't work here. But libstrangle does the framerate limiting. But this also didn't work before, but now does!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.