LEGO WORLDS MODDING

TeamShattSean

TeamShattSean

I am late to the modding community knowing the game is older now but I been on PS4 version since release... I’ve seen some mods on this game for pc , curious.... how do I mod a character? Like my own shirt or texture a face? 

• 7 months later...

Sorry for the delay in replying, I only just saw this! Basically you gotta go into your LEGO Worlds SteamApps folder, rename LEGO_Worlds.exe to LEGO_Worlds_O.exe.

Copy Texmod.exe into that folder and rename that to LEGO_Worlds.exe.

Open that up, choose LEGO_Worlds_O.exe as your target application.

There are two modes - in package mode, just load up the .tpf packages you want, and Texmod will know what textures in the game to replace, it's all automatic.

In logging mode, you're ripping textures from the game so you can replace them with your own. Choose your output options and your logging key - I suggest outputting to .PNG and logging with F1, make sure "show texture in upper left corner" is on. Now click "run" to open the game in logging mode, and by pushing a couple of keys between your letters and the enter key - I don't remember exactly which, sorry :( - you'll cycle through the textures on the game currently onscreen.

The texture will show up in the top left corner, just hit F1 to save it.

When you're done, exit the game and go into the folder you chose to save textures to - just edit the textures or replace them, doesn't matter, as long as they have the exact same filename.

Then to build your package, go into "package build" in Texmod, select the log file that's in the texture dump folder, and it'll build a .tpf package for you. Load it into your game and you should see your new textures!

If you need any other help just ask, happy to lend a hand

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.