Restoring Borders to 1999 Pirate Skull Pass Loading Screen

Ptolemy

Hi, I am playing Racers with what seems to be one of the 1999 versions. It's definitely a different version from the green disk I had growing up, as there are trophies in this edition and an absence of borders in the loading screen of Pirate Skull Pass. This version seems to have borders in the loading screen of every map except for Pirate Skull Pass.

I'd like to add in/restore the blue borders to the Pirate Skull Pass loading screen so that I can have some consistency with all maps having the borders.
I did some searching and found two distinct threads where Pirate Skull Pass' loading screen not having borders in the 1999 releases was discussed. From what I read, it looks like the borders can't just be added back in by replacing a file in LEGO.JAM.

I'd like to know if that is not true, or if anyone active around these parts knows how I could go about adding in borders.

Thanks in advance.

lol username

There was some confusion on it back then, but AFAIK you should simply be able to transplant the 2001 loading screen image into the 1999 version. I'll take a look and upload that file in a bit, and edit this post when I do.

Edit: Here's the 2001 version of the loading screen. Put it in GAMEDATA\RACEC2R1, overwriting the existing file.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.