Rackover

TrackMasters (A Lego Stunt Rally inspired game!)

Rackover

Hey everyone!

You may not know me yet as I'm not much of an active member here, but I've been following Rock Raiders United from afar for a long time (i remember the website used to not look like this at all)!

I'm creating this post today to tell you about a project I'm working on currently : TrackMasters!

TrackMasters is an isometric racing game with free track creation mechanics, something halfway between TrackMania and Micro Machines. Rings a bell? Yes, it is at least partly inspired by Lego Stunt Rally.

Here's a test footage I've recorded yersteday if you wanna take a look:

It's multiplayer only, via LAN or Internet (no campaign unfortunately!)

I've been working on it for a bit more than a month now, and I aim to release it the first of june 2020 (given I find a publisher 😥)

You can join the discord to get updates about the development, I'm posting here every day or so!

https://discord.gg/y7zKv3N

I will also be watching that topic of course, maybe answer some questions and post updates once in a while! 

See you around ❤

Cirevam

This is pretty great. It reminds me of another game as well: Mini Car Racing. That one's a bit older and uses prerendered backgrounds, but it's the same kind of isometric racing on tight tracks. I'll look forward to the release.

What's the possibility of modding support? Making custom cars seems like it would be popular, but it might not work properly over the network unless you've already thought that far ahead.

Rackover
20 hours ago, Cirevam said:

This is pretty great. It reminds me of another game as well: Mini Car Racing. That one's a bit older and uses prerendered backgrounds, but it's the same kind of isometric racing on tight tracks. I'll look forward to the release.

What's the possibility of modding support? Making custom cars seems like it would be popular, but it might not work properly over the network unless you've already thought that far ahead.

Hey! 

Modding support would be very nice, but I cannot provide that as of now. It is however planned for post-launch. I have yet to think about how I will implement it, but I will probably make a modpack system so that I only have to compare different modpack checksums and not like, every single modded file. Would like to add more environments and textures in the future via those packs.

All of that is however highly hypothetical as of now. I will have to see once the game is launched how much I have to fix before I can implement any sort of modding support 😛

Rackover

Hey!

I'm still working regularly on this, and I aim at releasing the game on the 15th of august! That is, for a first version.

I will post the website here and talk about it a bit more next time.

I was very busy the past month because I had to move out and find a new appartment close to my new job, etc.

So now the game has an options screen, multiple languages support, sound replacement support, music tracks, all four powerups I had planned (zap, freezing, boost and oil drip), it has a new Desert biome and I'm currently working on the gamepad support at the moment :)

And @Yellowberry is also working on a TRK loader to load track files directly from stunt rally, which is awesome! 

The game is planned to be available in English, French, German, Japanese, Hungarian, and maybe spanish if I have the time :p

Here's a very very short video (with the sound of the game, this time!) of the new desert biome. 

https://streamable.com/4n72ue

Have an excellent day everyone! <3

Rackover

Hi everyone!

The game is now AVAILABLE ON STEAM! It's scheduled to come out on September 1st, so be sure to wishlist it so it gains traction and you don't miss anything :)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1383120/LouveSystems_TrackMasters/

qkjK7sA.png

Join the discord for more info! https://discord.gg/y7zKv3N

Have a nice day everyone! ❤️

Rackover

Hey everyone! The game will be released tomorrow, Friday 4th September 2020 around 𝟭𝟵:𝟬𝟬 𝗖𝗘𝗦𝗧  !

You can get it here on steam for 9.99€ !

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1383120/LouveSystems_TrackMasters/

I'm planning to implement Stunt Rally track importation & car modding in a next update too, aswell as maybe several other biomes :)

Have a nice day!