Rock Raiders Buildings Not Finishing

JacobSegaNerdX

JacobSegaNerdX

Hey, guys. I've never been a registered user, but I've been on and off of here for resources on running Rock Raiders, and I just recently found all of your absolutely splendiforous tools to finally get this game running decently on modern computers. I've finally been able to play most of Lego Rock Raiders, a childhood game of mine, and finishing it would be pure satisfactions, for me, at least. I'm also enjoying many of the Mods, too. Only, I'm having some major issues with the final mission, Rocky Horror.

First of all, I've had this issue throughout the game on and off, but it's at its worst, in (The) Rocky Horror (Show) (Is that why they named the level that?. Lol?). Whenever I try to make buildings, the Rock Raiders will carry all of the resources and construction stands to the area, and I will see 20/20 Ore and 5/5 Energy Crystals on the building, but the building refuses to finish. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, or if this is a glitch. I know that the A.I. is bad in this game, but in this final stage, sometimes, they will stop what they're doing, and lollygag, even if I give them countless orders, and their stomachs are full. I don't overload the Rock Raiders, either. I did have one actual definite glitch involved, to when I restarted the level, there was floating Ore all over the place, but rebooting the whole entire game fixed this. I would VERY much appreciate some information on this, and I'm willing to do whatever it takes to help myself and others with some of these issues, my fellow good men and dudes.

lol username

Sounds like transport trucks may be placing too many resources on the building paths. Try ordering rock raiders to go to there and pick up crystals/ore.

JacobSegaNerdX

Thank you guys so much for your input. I was able to finally able to finish the game. It was most definitely the electric fences. I also had the laser glitch happen for ONLY this particular stage, and I thankfully also had sources from here to fix that.

Man, I'm so glad that I got to finish this game. It's been on my bucketlist, since I was a child, and I remember getting it out of a multipack of Lego PC Games (It had Loco, Chess, Creator, and Rock Raiders). I will definitely be trying out some of your custom levels, and if we could eventually get a builder for custom levels. A program, like  Doom Builder, or SMDDraft, would be absolutely SICK!!!

9 hours ago, JacobSegaNerdX said:

and if we could eventually get a builder for custom levels

Map Creator + NPL Scripter (documentation here) + Custom Level Cafeteria Framework (optional, but significantly easier than poking LevelLinks by hand) = custom levels?

It is a bit of a slow and painful process (partly because to load a level in LRR requires at least three different things: the actual level files, a CFG entry, and the mess that is LevelLinks plus leftovers like ObjectiveText), but a process that clearly works.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.