[SOLVED] Play LEGO Racers through Steam Link

Kafei

SOLVED:

I had to use various things but i managed to resolve the issue with the controller, here's how:

1. Download the program "antimicro" portable version (it's a program that lets you map a keyboard key to a controller button)

2. Open the zip file and extract all the files from the antimicro folder contained inside, so that the .exe file is in the same folder as your LEGORacers.exe.

3. Start antimicro with you controller plugged in the pc and map the keys you need for the first and second player and then save the controller profile.

4. Before closing go to Options>Settings>General and make sure that the "Launch in Tray" and "Auto Load Last Opened Profile" options are selectet then close.

5. Open a notepad file and write these commands:
start antimicro.exe
start /wait LEGORacers.exe
taskkill /f /im antimicro.exe

6. Save the file as a .bat then convert it to an .exe (i used some random program i have had for years just called "bat to exe converter")

7. After this just put the new .exe file in your Lego Racers folder and add it to Steam, if everything works correctly the game should start normally and when you close it thanks to the commands you wrote before antimicro should close automatically so to avoid having to open it and close it manually every time.

I hope this was helpful, i think this should work with other programs with similar issues, i also haven't noticed problems or slowdowns while using these togheterwhile playing (and my pc it's not that new).

ORIGINAL POST:

Hello everyone, I searched on google and in the forum but i didn't find anything about this.

I tried playing Lego Racers with my Steam Link but the game can't see the controller plugged into the device, it can only detect controllers directly plugged into the Pc.

Does anybody know if there is some kind of workardound?

grappigegovert

So, the game does not recognize the controller through steam link?
If you plug in the steam controller directly to the PC with LR, does it work then?

3 hours ago, grappigegovert said:

So, the game does not recognize the controller through steam link?
If you plug in the steam controller directly to the PC with LR, does it work then?

Yes as i described it works on pc (it's a regular 360 controller) but when i start the game via Steam Link itdoesn't detect the pad anymore, also both the devices are pretty far from eachother i use a power line.

5 hours ago, grappigegovert said:

I think the problem lies more with Steam Link than with Lego Racers.
After some searching around, I think you can try to use something like https://virtualhere.com/.
I have no experience with the software myself, but it might solve the problem.

Edit: Fixed it, by chance i found that if you select "Forced Off" under "Steam-Input per Game Setting" in Manage shortcut>Controller Options the game sees the controller again.

Now the only problem is that i just realized you can't map the start button on the controller, any ideas about this other issue?

19 hours ago, Kafei said:

Now the only problem is that i just realized you can't map the start button on the controller, any ideas about this other issue?

I only know how to re-map the button through Steam, but not in LEGO Racers directly, so this might not help at all, but here you go:

1. Start up Steam Big-Picture mode

2. Click on the gear at the top-right of the screen

3. Go into Controller Settings and make sure you've enabled "[x] Configuration Support" ([x] being the type of controller you are using).

4. Make sure your controller is plugged in. I recommend doing this with your controller plugged into your PC directly, just to be safe (it might be possible to configure your controller through Steam Link but, as somebody who doesn't own a Steam Link, I've never tried it before)

5. Exit Controller Settings and go to Base Configurations

6. Select "Desktop Configuration"

7. Change whatever you want the Start button to be binded to

8. With the required change/changes applied, close Big Picture mode (but don't close Steam)

[ NOTE: according to Steam, this change will be reset when you close/open Steam. Exporting and loading the controller configuration might fix this, but I haven't tried it. ]

Hope this (somewhat) helps.

Finally found a solution!
I'm updating the first post with a guide so if anyone else wants to play Lego Racers on the Steam Link they'll know where to find some instructions.

Also a thank you to everyone who offered a solution.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.