rock raiders problem

roatigern

this might have been talked about before but im having problems with my lego rock raiders, after i play for abit on any mission the screen freeze but the game keeps running in the back ground

Is it consistent so it happens on every level or random? Rock Raiders crashes randomly and is an unstable game. There are currently in-progress projects to try addressing these issues, but they are not proper yet, as well as several remakes of the game in progress. Please check those out if you can.

11 hours ago, roatigern said:

this might have been talked about before but im having problems with my lego rock raiders, after i play for abit on any mission the screen freeze but the game keeps running in the back ground

To get a better idea of the issue:

• Are you running your game with or without any DirectX wrappers? (such as dgVoodoo, ddrawcompat)
  • What have you tried so far? (any compatibility settings etc)
  • Are you playing in windowed or fullscreen mode?
  • Do the game cutscenes play?
  • What is the filesize of your d3drm.dll file?

im using dgvoodoo 2.53

i do play in fullscreen at 1920x1080

cutscenes does play, and the file size of the d3drm file is 427kb

and it seems also my new problem that the game also stutters

Cyberbrickmaster86

I have the same problems too. My answers to those questions are:

dgvoodoo 2.55.4

Tried 16 bit colour mode

Fullscreen at 1920x1080

Cutscenes play fine

d3drm.dll file is 342kb

On 2/3/2020 at 1:15 AM, roatigern said:

im using dgvoodoo 2.53

i do play in fullscreen at 1920x1080

I'm guessing this is using Cafeteria? I've known Cafeteria to occasionally brick installations to the point of unusability upon clicking Re-Build Game - they crash about 0.5s into the main menu - and have absolutely no clue why (the game loads, it even loads the main menu music for a smidgeon, and then CTD's), so maybe that's what happened.

Try reinstalling LRR, Cafeteria, and CE into a new folder? (I have an installation ready to be copied out at a moment's notice because of this :P)

• 3 weeks later...
Cyberbrickmaster86

If this helps, I usually have a ffdshow window when I open old video games on my computer, and I set it to always off for Lego Rock Raiders. Since then, I've never seen that window appear again for this game and I've been having these problems since. I'm wondering if the issue on my end has something to do with the sourceforge application used in game?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.