Lego Racers OST Remastered on Yamaha PSR 670

Jugebox98

Hi all wonderful people here!

While back I made almost every song in midi format. It was fun and I learned how the composer of that game made music work originally (If he used any of the data when exporting those files on TUN format).

I have been working making every LR song into "remastered format" which I basicly put those midi files on the midi output device (in this case my Synth Yamaha) and mix up the volumes and other stuff. In my opinion they sounds... modern? Like they aren't that compariable to the original songs but I like how they sounds.

Here's the link on those songs: 

I know that I'm missing some songs like Menu or Credits but don't worry: I'm working on them! I actually have the Menu Theme on my PC but it doesn't sound good :DD Maybe I can post it on the Discord server if someone really wants to hear it. But I have planned to do those songs in future :) (Then people never saw me again)

If you have any thoughts on these songs let me know. I'm glad to take any feedback: Good or Bad. I want to grow as a music apartment ^_^ 

Edit: Here's the Download link to all songs I have made in this project. I maybe upload Set Unlock, Rocket Win and Veronica Win at some point but those songs aren't as important as the others. I will put the download link to the other songs in the thread (Or edit this post)
Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IHL8SPKkZ_KU0Ur3sOEBWUGn37jf9E5r/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Jugebox98
I linked the download to the LR OST
  • Like 3

I had to listen and compare to the original track. Both versions sound great, the discord and poor quality of the original version bring to me the cartoony feeling of the original game which is part of why I like it so much. Your remastered version could absolutely fit with a bit more polygons like a remaster of the game probably would have.

Do you have any interest in doing this for other games perhaps?

2 hours ago, Akorax said:

Do you have any interest in doing this for other games perhaps?

Hmmmm.... Well I'm not completely negletted on that idea. Right now I want to finish this project and then I might think to do other rundown to other LEGO game ost :) But right now I have no further plans to continuing on the other game

Nice! These do sound... different to the original pieces - which isn't bad at all! They split the tune up across multiple parts for quieter and louder bits, when the original music would go full blast (which was partly what made it so memorable) :P One nasty side-effect is that there isn't much music in the LR music to actually begin with (it's amazing what they did with so little!) - so when you've split things up to be a little quieter, especially across multiple instruments, it can be a little empty. But the flip-side of that is that the music never feels too busy!

One thing the original music did quite nicely was mimic the flow of physical instruments with an accent and then decaying sound (especially noticeable in Knightmare-a-thon's timpanis) - and I feel you could have used that on occasion a little more. Though admittedly you mimic electronic (and as you say, more modern) instruments nicely not by doing that, and sometimes that really adds to the feel as well :satisfied:

Speaking of Knightmare-a-thon, loooooving the organ, piano, and heavy electronic bass there. That was a really good combo!

Maybe I'm a classical music purist, but I find standard drums (snare especially) a little obnoxiously loud and common in music overall. The music does such a good job of keeping the beat with the tune, the accompaniment to the tune, and the layering, and the bass - you don't need harsh drums to keep my erratic bobbing in time :P

I really like it, and if we knew how, would definitely be interested in a mod that replaced the music, this is really good! Different, and neither are superior, but good :shades:

(Might write a little more when I've finished listening to all of it :))

8 hours ago, aidenpons said:

Different, and neither are superior, but good :shades:

Yes I think that this is what I try to achieve: different that the original isn't outshined but different that someone might enjoy it :)

I agree that drums are sometimes pretty annoyingly pushing (especially snare) but it gives them somewhat unique vibe. When I tried to mess up with my default drumkits on the Synth this was the closest what I got. Same goes on every instrument. I admit that some instruments aren't like as in original soundtrack but I think they do their job pretty well on this style of songs. I'm sorry about to not being as original than I could have been (maybe)

But I liked your responce a lot @aidenpons because it was constructive. I'll keep these in my mind when I make music next time :thumbsup:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.