Sign in to follow this  
Serwithed

Drome Comics!

Serwithed

Hey! I've got something to share. I've used a lot of my time for the last couple of months dedicated to Drome Racers history and archival projects. I think I'm able to tell you guys that I've recieved all known scanned issues of LEGO Racers Official Racing Programme. 

The thing about these comics is perhaps how they went virtually unnoticed for over a decade of time beyond a couple of bricklink listings. Me and a couple of friends dived deep into archiving these comics and we got some info about why they were originally lost to begin with - the gist was these magazines were given away for free in limited sets, toy shops and events, AKA extremely (and impossible to find) rare in English. The comics included in these magazines were also present as motion comics on LEGO.com, but those are lost to time now. 

http://imgur.com/gallery/F55eYSO (ISSUE 1-2: BOTH ARE IN GERMAN - IT'D BE APPRECIATED IF ANYONE COULD TRANSLATE IT) 

http://imgur.com/gallery/LCJOKBE (ISSUE 3-4: ALL ARE IN ENGLISH) 

-

I'm still on my way to tracking down the advertised 5th issue but I'm certain it's either cancelled or even rarer to find. Me and the group are figuring out our next move. I hope this was worth it because it sure was to me! 

Agent2583

I can't wait for more Drome Content.

Good job Serwithed.

JimbobJeffers

Ah man I loved the heck out of Drome Racers, it's great to see so much effort being put into preserving them! The Drome Racers Challenge game was my favourite but I never found a working version of the application. Anyway thanks for sharing :thumbupr:

Serwithed
1 hour ago, JimbobJeffers said:

The Drome Racers Challenge game was my favourite but I never found a working version of the application.

It's a real oddity that's for sure. I'm currently looking into DRC and mainly its community history has been archived. Sadly the game isn't and I think at least trying would be fun enough. These comics gave me trouble for ages because literally no one on Bricklink had them! There's so much stuff to recover at this point that I'm honestly losing my mind at how no one has ever tried archiving Drome content before me.