Drome Comics!

MUCINEXSWEEP

MUCINEXSWEEP

Hey! I've got something to share. I've used a lot of my time for the last couple of months dedicated to Drome Racers history and archival projects. I think I'm able to tell you guys that I've recieved all known scanned issues of LEGO Racers Official Racing Programme. 

The thing about these comics is perhaps how they went virtually unnoticed for over a decade of time beyond a couple of bricklink listings. Me and a couple of friends dived deep into archiving these comics and we got some info about why they were originally lost to begin with - the gist was these magazines were given away for free in limited sets, toy shops and events, AKA extremely (and impossible to find) rare in English. The comics included in these magazines were also present as motion comics on LEGO.com, but those are lost to time now. 

http://imgur.com/gallery/F55eYSO (ISSUE 1-2: BOTH ARE IN GERMAN - IT'D BE APPRECIATED IF ANYONE COULD TRANSLATE IT) 

http://imgur.com/gallery/LCJOKBE (ISSUE 3-4: ALL ARE IN ENGLISH) 

-

I'm still on my way to tracking down the advertised 5th issue but I'm certain it's either cancelled or even rarer to find. Me and the group are figuring out our next move. I hope this was worth it because it sure was to me! 

Ah man I loved the heck out of Drome Racers, it's great to see so much effort being put into preserving them! The Drome Racers Challenge game was my favourite but I never found a working version of the application. Anyway thanks for sharing :thumbupr:

• Like 1

MUCINEXSWEEP
1 hour ago, JimbobJeffers said:

The Drome Racers Challenge game was my favourite but I never found a working version of the application.

It's a real oddity that's for sure. I'm currently looking into DRC and mainly its community history has been archived. Sadly the game isn't and I think at least trying would be fun enough. These comics gave me trouble for ages because literally no one on Bricklink had them! There's so much stuff to recover at this point that I'm honestly losing my mind at how no one has ever tried archiving Drome content before me. 

• Guest featured this topic
  • 8 months later...
On 1/7/2020 at 5:23 AM, Serwithed said:

http://imgur.com/gallery/F55eYSO (ISSUE 1-2: BOTH ARE IN GERMAN - IT'D BE APPRECIATED IF ANYONE COULD TRANSLATE IT) 

http://imgur.com/gallery/LCJOKBE (ISSUE 3-4: ALL ARE IN ENGLISH)

Dear Serwithed and everyone else interested in the comics,

1. Do you still need a translation? It happens that I´m from germany and would like to do my part of preserving the good old lego times

2. Is there more content that needs translation that i don´t know of?

3. It is very unlikely but if you guys are interested I had interactive Lego CD´s I could search and / or purchase them collect everything on them, hopefully in english and would post them into the specific thread made for it (with a link to this one if that works).

4. If I can´t "collect" the pics text etc. I would do a YT video not for promotion or anything just too show the contents.

I´m very new to this forum and forums in general and want to share my expierences with Lego and it´s games & products, so i don´t exactly know how all this stuff here works but I will find out sooner or later.

I hope too hear from you soon until then have a good one.

PS. Sorry for my horrible english

PSS. Is this still relevant ;D?

• 2 weeks later...
Olivus Prime

I have at least one of these comics back at my parents house. I'll be travelling there for Easter, so I can check whether what I have covers anything that hasn't been found.

I'm fairly confident mine came packed in with Lego Club Magazines back in the day, similar to the DC Bionicle comics.

• 2 weeks later...
Olivus Prime

The good news is that I hadn't thrown out my Drome comics, and I managed to find them at my parents'. The bad news is that they are the English versions of #3 and #4, which I see have already been found. Sorry if I had gotten anyone's hopes up!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.