secret cave's lego rock raiders

jrbourbon

hello everyone,

I have played lego rock raiders since 2006 and there have always been a few levels in were i couldnt find an cave or couldnt get there on time to open it. one of the examples of this is the level oresome, there is an cave directly next to your base but the entrence in in the lava field now i tried to rush tunnel scouts to get there on time but i have always failed to get there on time now i hope maybe some of you guys can help me out because i really want to find out what is in that cave but after this there are also some others i have my questions about. (the cave is between your base and the large long cave that also borders with the lava field)

roan

Interesting notes from having done the above, both in-game and via Map Creator, in order of appearance in-game. Most of them can be summarised as "these walls don't have anything in them." :P

- The seams on the other side of the small lake in Explosive Action have no crystals in them

- There is nothing in any of the walls outside your starting cavern in Search & Rescue

- The Tunnel Transport's cave in Frozen Frenzy is very badly stuffed up: the Power Station is on a wall, water at the edges causes extreme stupidity (unpathable and weird radar color), and there's a instadeleting wall on the other side of the river that turns into rubble as it's not supported

- Rock Hard is a cool map, there are tons of ways to get the bunch of crystals you need - massive cache buried in Hard Rock to the North, equally massive cache buried in Hard Rock to the south, area accessible only by Tunnel Scout past a lake for crystals buried in Dirt on West which, when drilled, allows collection of said crystals (very good level design! :thumbsup: ) , and another area like the East but on the West side.

- The walls in Don't Panic that monsters come out of don't contain anything (eg: crystals)

- There's a useless and utterly inaccessible hidden cavern near the end of Don't Panic

- There are 1-tile wide Solid Rock walls which instadelete themselves into rubble on the outer edge of Lake of Fire

- The Energy Crystal Seams in Hot Stuff have a whopping 25 crystals hidden under them - making it possible to complete the level just by drilling two.

- Hot Stuff appeared to originally have you entirely cut off from the lava, and you would open it, however due to general shenanigans involving probably the last 2 hours of development on DDI's side one set of walls collapses into very annoying rubble on the start of the level.

- Back to Basics doesn't have a Recharge Seam anywhere on the map

- The walls on the other side of the lava lake which surrounds the crystal cache on Rocky Horror, again, don't have anything in them (unlike other very-difficult-to-access areas, this one is 3 or so blocks thick

On 12/31/2019 at 6:03 PM, jrbourbon said:

hello everyone,

I have played lego rock raiders since 2006 and there have always been a few levels in were i couldnt find an cave or couldnt get there on time to open it. one of the examples of this is the level oresome, there is an cave directly next to your base but the entrence in in the lava field now i tried to rush tunnel scouts to get there on time but i have always failed to get there on time now i hope maybe some of you guys can help me out because i really want to find out what is in that cave but after this there are also some others i have my questions about. (the cave is between your base and the large long cave that also borders with the lava field)

roan

I have made it to those caverns by Tunnel Scout once and you'll be disappointed: They are simply the "far end" of the same caverns you uncover when you drill from the other end, with erosion at the end. Here's how it looks in Manic Miners, the flags marking the "Hidden caves" that you access by drilling through the caverns at the top of the screen, and the "flat" Loose Rock wall with a crystal on it turning into a real Loose Rock wall later but it collapses to Rubble when the cavern is opened (And in LRR, that tile instead if Lava because Erosion is screwed in that game)0Ur3HMb.png

17 minutes ago, aidenpons said:

- Hot Stuff appeared to originally have you entirely cut off from the lava, and you would open it, however due to general shenanigans involving probably the last 2 hours of development on DDI's side one set of walls collapses into very annoying rubble on the start of the level.

I thought this was intentional to make your RRs run away and disturb the Rock Monsters!

1 minute ago, baraklava said:

I thought this was intentional to make your RRs run away and disturb the Rock Monsters!

The LRR devs were merely time-pressured, not cruel. :P You can see similar behaviour in Water Works where it's possibly even more annoying as there's one rubble tile on the other side of the map...

... besides, there are much less.... annoying... ways to get monsters to aggro the player

(Another example of time-pressure not cruelty: the erosion in Air Raiders uses the 'default' (as it appears throughout the .cfg repeatedly on levels without erosion) erosion parameters. Unfortunately said default parameters involve an erosion time of 7, which isn't nearly enough to respond - Erode Works uses 20 which can be difficult to deal with!)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.