LR1 cars in LR2

Sunchipp

This is technically considered to be a mod since there are some pieces replaced and retextured to recreate these kinds of cars

years back I have posted a retexture of Rocket Racers car. now I have come to think of something some people had questioned about. "Is it possible to have Veronica Voltage's car in LR2"? with me trying to figure out some things I have found the answer to be Yes and No.

Yes being with the correct mods you can take those modded pieces to create almost any car that actually looks good. Step one being to replace a chassis piece no one really uses with a black or invisible 2x4 plate which has been discussed with my invisible car mod.

So for experimental purposes I have messed with the car builder and got this:

obviously I'm giving credit to who made Veronica Voltage's skin.

Yeah pieces will clip through the tires but in all reality it still looks like the actual car. somewhat. The grill in the front is missing and the window isn't black. after a week of thinking how this could be done I found by replacing a piece with a retextured map I have found the perfect solution! Replace the map with a grill texture BUT copy the one grill image and paste it under the other grill! Here you'd get something like this!

Yeah its not the best but there's a good example of adding Veronica Voltage's car into LR2!

But what about the rest? well my second car to experiment with was King Kahuka. But I have stumbled A LOT of problems working on the car alone

The first issue was trying to get the textures used for the horns and the feathers into the game. Now since nothing really works for me when it comes to modding the first game to rip the textures I took screenshots of the textures and added them into the game. at first the texture files were too big which crashed the game. after two days on trying to solve the issue (i cant remember what i did) The textures made it in. problem at first was the texture file was just a white box on the one side so I went and redid the textures so they would show up.

Now the piece I used was the one Adventures Piece with the red grill on the side since that has a texture showing on the side and the only one with a texture that isnt repeating itself. when I saw that the feathers and the horns were in the game they appeared to be too small to see. Now as much as I didnt wanna do this I had no choice but to do it since it would look A LOT better. I Had to stretch the horns and the feathers so they would look better and it turns out they actually do look better. Here's how the car turned out

Honestly I cant stop driving this haha

Now heres the main problem. Each texture is one sided being the grill and thats it so the feathers and the horns will only appear facing one way, if you look at the piece from another direction the horns or the feathers wont show as seen with this picture here being the feathers not showing up so that lead me to take these pictures to show that they're still there

And finally my third being Captain Redbeard!

I Did the same thing modding the chassis with a black 2x4 plate with one of the Adventures chassis that I dont use which kinda lead the same direction as Veronica Voltage's car. I didnt take any pictures of this but I have coppied the police side 1x4 brick and retectured the side to show the chest thats on the front. but I didnt know how to make the chest round since LR2 doesnt have round parts only square, sloped, weird, window and trim but even in the weird and trim pieces no single brick is round. I did remember there is an engine piece that was used for Sinister's Bugatti but brown so I figured that would do for the top. the rest was simple all except for the flag.

I had to use the red grill side again but trying to retexture it ended up causing it to crash for whatever reason so I dont think I'll be doing any retexturing anytime soon for this game.
I didnt know what to do so I went back and remembered I had made Mini Players for the Xalax cars which honestly wasnt my favorite thing I mean er...

nightmare fuel lol

so knowing I had two of them I have retextured each piece to have one half of the flag. this texture shown above having the top part of the flag and the other face having the bottom. in result I have came across this.

Now as of now this is all I have and As of now Redbeard's Car is the only one I have on YouTube Which shows a bit more on the back especially

I would love to work on more and the ones I dont find important to discuss are the two quick builds the first game has to offer that have been remade in LR2 as well and thats mostly because they really arent as interesting as the boss cars from the First game. let me know what you think! I would honestly love to have Basil's car Thunder's (old) car and Gypsy Moth's car come into play but the modeling on that wouldnt be so easy (blender doesnt work on my laptop).

for now I have some more experimenting to do with some of the other cars :) hope this topic was interesting. For Now. Sunchipp Out

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.