CedricTheBullForever

CedricTheBullForever

Since I have a massive soft spot for this theme and feel it's rather underappreciated i'm gonna be going over all the different media appearances that KK1 has appeared in and my personal thoughts on some of them. Whether it's the Lions or the Bulls it counts.

Without further ado let's begin:

Lego Creator Knights Kingdom: The game released along the same time as the sets as a tie in to them. I loved the original Lego Creator so this one intrigued me too. What can I say about this game? Well there's things about it that I like more then the first Creator and things that the original Creator did better but I won't go into that. The tutorials with Richard are rather entertaining along with the cinematic cutscenes which happen between them. Am I the only one who noticed that Cedric was strong enough to lift a portcullis all on his own?  I dislike that certain characters such as Sir John, Princess Storm, Gilbert and Weezil don't get voices or appear in the tutorials at all which is a bummer. Also I kinda wish you were given the option to side with either the Lions or Bulls whenever you start a new game instead of it automatically making you side with the Lions as that's what the theme's concept was supposed to be all about: Pick which side and how it ends. Having Gilbert as your guide if you picked the Bulls would be rather cool if you ask me. My copy came with no manual so I missed out on a lot of interesting and important facts about the characters at the time(e.g Weezil actually being Cedric's adopted son after he was found abandoned in the forest)

Lego Island 2: The Lions and Bulls appear on their own island where the bridge connecting their territories has been broken so they cannot get to each other to fight. You repair the bridge so they can fight again because apparently they're fighting for the fun of it here........the Bulls now have a castle of their own and they've taken one of the Constructopedia pages to use as a flag because the Lions have stolen their real one. In order to get the flag back you have to defeat the Bull's Dark Knight in a joust. Why am I jousting one of the guys i'm supposed to be doing a favor for? You beat him, get the flag, return to the Bulls castle to get the page but then Cedric just shows up right the hell outta nowhere takes the page and decides to challenge you to a cannon battle for pretty much no reason whatsoever. You beat him and he falls on a catapult which throws him sky high probably out to sea and he's never seen again for the remainder of the game. I really don't like this portrayal of the theme. The Bulls having a castle just destroys the whole objective of as to why they were fighting the Lions, the flag plot would've made more sense if it was the Lions flag that got stolen by the Bulls so that way it would make sense for the Dark Knight joust and Cedric to fight you because he's not gonna give up the Lion flag easily, the Bulls for some odd reason don't seem to care about the fact that Cedric their own leader gets defeated. Did the developers like do any research on KK1? I guess not...... But I believe this is the only time we get to hear Princess Storm, John of Mayne and Weezil talk. Well that's if you go out of your way to talk to them as you're not required to do so. As for the handheld ports the GBA version is similar to how the setting is on PC and PS1 accept this time there's no get the flag plot and Cedric is completely absent. GBC version is probably the better portrayal as this time the Bulls are now living in the forest like they're supposed to, you get to chase Weezil through it after he breaks out of prison while avoiding getting caught by the Bulls(who look more like Wolfpack bandits)and this time they actually give Cedric a valid excuse to fight Pepper because he's seen talking to Brickster right before the battle which show's he's a friend of Brickster. The battle is also different now Cedric just charges around trying to I guess stab you with his sword and you have to trick him into running into the walls after you do that enough times Cedric just gets mad and goes f**k this i'm done and just leaves never to be seen again. Also Storm is kinda mean in this version and she just leaves Pepper in the forest to chase after Weezil himself alone instead of actually accompanying him......b***h!

LegoLand PC: Some KK1 stuff is used as the Castle themed attractions. The music that plays when you have a lot of Castle stuff also gets used in CKK. The cutscene when you get the Castle attractions is rather odd though we see King Leo's castle but not a single KK1 character is seen. Instead we see Royal Knights, what look like Forestmen and.......Basil the Batlord? What is going on here? Next!

Lego Soccer/Football Mania: Both the Lions and Bulls are featured as playable teams once you defeat them. One team for King Leo and the Lions and one for Cedric and the Bulls. There's also a team available at the start called Square Table which has knights that look like they serve under Leo's banner so I guess they count as Lions too. There's two KK1 based pitches. Jousting Arena which is based on the Lions side with King Leo's castle right next to the pitch and a red variation of the classic dragon that was never officially released in that color can be seen flying around. Cedric's Castle despite the name isn't actually a castle and is based on the Bulls side with it taking place in the forest and inside the Bulls camp surrounded by a wooden fort wall and the Bull's siege engines can be seen here and there in a few spots. They should've called it Cedric's Forest, Cedric's Camp or Cedric's Fort. The Skill Zone pitch Spin The Shields where you have to kick the ball at the shields is also based on the Lions territory but this one appears to be next to a fort wall by a river. I'll quickly admit it was a missed opportunity to make the shields have the crests of older discontinued Castle themes at the time. Also it was a miss for the Bulls to have a female team member as a female Bull soldier would've been cool. In story mode Leo's team appear in the first part of the game as one of the opposing teams to beat in order to qualify for the Lego Cup. In the second part of the story when your chasing after Brickster he escapes through a portal to the Arctic however Cedric won't let you through unless you beat his team, you beat Cedric's team and he keeps his word and let's you through the portal. Cedric later on comes back as part as Brickster's Intergalactic Team on Mars as the final match in the game. Probably to tie in with their possible friendship they had in Lego Island 2. The Bulls aside from Weezil oddly have plumes on their helmets which I personally don't think fits their style as I see them as a gang of bandits and not knights.

Lego Universe:  King Leo's Castle appeared as a model that can be acquired after you beat a certain achievement(I don't know which one)

Lego Worlds: The Defense Archer set appears as a stationary turret vehicle found in Fantasy Forest, Perilous Peaks, Watchful Wilderness and Whispering Wonderland. Yeah that's basically it.

Lego Print Creator: A few KK1 related stuff is featured on the programme as stuff you can print.

Lego Quest and Collect: Gilbert the Bad is a playable character. He's got that chrome silver Bull shield found in the Rebel Chariot set, a white pupil like most modern day minifigs, this is the second time where we actually hear him speak although it's just one line for one of his attacks. His bio doesn't make much sense as it doesn't mention Cedric or anything to do with KK1 and instead says something about him being on the run after robbing a nobleman's carriage. Talk about a missed opportunity to bring up on how he lost his eye, honestly I kinda wish they used Cedric instead.

King Leo is mentioned as incorrectly being the enemy of Vladek in Vladek's bio.......EPIC FAIL DEVELOPERS! There's also a Jester character which also mentions in his bio that he likes stealing King Leo's pies......I don't think the developers were really paying much attention when writing the character bios.......

Lego Legacy Heroes Unboxed: This game is still fairly new and maybe we'll get more updates in the future but at the moment Princess Storm is the only character and KK1 related thing to appear in the game. Will someone notify me on if they add any more KK1 stuff to this game please?

German Time Cruisers Comic: KK1 is featured as part of one of the time periods that Tim visits in one of the issues released in 2000. Nothing really interesting happens here, Cedric is a full blown d**k to Tim(i hate this kind of portrayal of Cedric)who doesn't hesitate to chuck him in a catapult, Tim helps Leo defeat the Bulls by blinding them with a camera flash and that's it. Oh and Cedric's human design for the comic IS HIDEOUS! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY HANDSOME MAN?!

Medieval Mischief And Mayhem: A story book about KK1. The story is about Leo holding a feast and Cedric sees this as an opportunity to attack and take the castle. The book features a lot of story arc which we sadly never got to see more of. Cedric can apparently chop wood with his bare hands, Storm and John are shown to have some affection for each other, Leo and Leonora are revealed that they also have a son named Edward who is away fighting in the crusades and the story ends with them finding a letter from him that Cedric stole off a messenger saying that he's returning home soon so Storm also has a brother, the main bit however which really got to me is when they mention is that Cedric actually the 13th prince of a king in a distant land who after he died he left his country to be divided up between his sons but Cedric was the only one to not get a share because apparently there was no land left by the time it was his turn.........this made me love his character even more cuz he's now he's got a reason for wanting Leo's land. Poor guy being wrongfully denied like that! They must've done a bad job at doing the math when dividing up the land.

Also the Cedric and the Bulls have black added pupils to their gray eyes in this book interestingly.

Castle Under Attack: It's another KK1 based book this one made by DK is basically the same plot as the above mentioned book but more simplified and less interesting with a few educational parts about medieval times in it. The only real main difference is that Storm gets kidnapped and used as a hostage and Leo manages to trick Cedric into thinking he's lost in the forest by swapping his clothing with Sir Richards. There's also a funny scene with the Lions dumping horse droppings on Cedric and Gilbert when they attempt to get over the castle wall with a siege tower.

Lego Adventures! Magazine: A small KK1 story is featured in Issue 15. Gilbert comes up with the idea for the Bulls to use their own catapults to launch themselves into the castle. The plan works but they are easily defeated with Cedric easily losing a sword fight to Princess Storm who says he lacks skill in battle despite a certain cinematic in CKK seems to argue that Cedric is no push over when it comes to swordfighting......the Lions soon send Cedric and the Bulls back the way they came in......by catapult

Ok so this doesn't really count as media but the bio of the Evil Knight from series 7 of the collectable minifigures line says that he once worked for Cedric the Bull at one point. Just felt like that deserved a mention

So that's basically it. Did I miss anything out?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.