Cafeteria Mods Collection for a Lego Rock Raiders Let's Play

Lego Rockfox

Thanks to this tutorial:

Its possible for me now to start a new Let's Play of the Game.

However before i begin i would like to gather some suggestions of the Community which cafeteria mods to add.

Not only Texture Improvements (High Poly) but also Gameplay Mods that provide bugfixing first and foremost.

Firstly, what version of Cafeteria are you using? v0.9.3 consistently does stupid things when certain CFG commands are called and may cause your game to crash with certain mods. The version of Cafeteria published at the bottom of the CE topic doesn't do that but does have extremely silly behaviour when it comes to disabling mods, and also has occasionally bricked my LRR installation and required a new installation (which isn't as tedious as it sounds as I have a spare one to copy out at a moment's notice for this purpose :P)

5 hours ago, Lego Rockfox said:

Gameplay Mods that provide bugfixing first and foremost.

You have literally described this:

Major features include:

- Dedicated Path priority that also controls erosion and fixes many issues the LRR AI had with it

- Slugs take 10 not 5 damage from hand lazers, can be frozen

- Bats no longer freaking scare

- Erosion notification, complete with sound clip

- minor level changes to make them less stupid

--- no rubble on the other side of the map in Water Works & Hot Stuff

- Raider idle animations enabled

- More useful lasers

- Minor vehicle rebalance (notably Granite Grinder & Loader Dozer)

As for everything else, there aren't a lot of mods around....

- Hover Scout Upgrade is something very silly you can have fun with

- Any HighPoly mods you like and can actually find, especially the Rock Raider. However I find that having only some things high poly and not others, looks really strange and also out of sync with the level of detail of the biome itself, so I actually prefer the looooow poly sometimes :P

If you want to play some cool custom levels, check out this :

which you can run a whole bunch of levels from (the download link is a little buried in the text, I will admit. Need to tidy that topic and the framework up, but I want to port some more levels first). If you go browsing on RRU you might find the occasional map of mine that uses this framework, but there aren't too many I've actually uploaded (sitting on my PC is another matter :P)

Importantly, installing these levels doesn't overwrite the main campaign and only overwrites the Tutorial Missions section on the main menu - and if you really want to play them you can still play the ones in the campaign!

Cyrem created his own Improvements Pack that was much smaller than mine and mostly just juggled some monsters around + better camera values, and was a much smaller scope than mine.

I should also mention Baz's Mod: it's the only completed overhaul on RRU however I didn't like the level design very much. I kept hoping that the next level would be fun, and have cool stuff to do, but this just never materialized and they were a slog. Kudos to him for finishing though! It's not in Cafeteria format - just install Baz's Mod first and then install  Cafeteria et al on top of that.

Edited by aidenpons
EDITx6 or so

2 minutes ago, Lego Rockfox said:

But isn't your improvement pack still a WIP as well the community edition? 

Everything's a work in progress :P Improvements Pack is totally functional and while there are still things I want to do with it, what is there is complete, functional, and working. That I gave it the version number v1.2 as opposed to v0.1.2 suggests I'm confident in its capability.

Community Edition is also a WIP and allows for some cool stuff which probably won't affect you as a player very much just yet, but you can give it a whirl!

22 minutes ago, Lego Rockfox said:

So I dont rely on the community edition for it to work right.

It can be used as standalone mod.

I am about 99% sure that's the case, yes, as the InitialOxygen property I use LRR should hopefully ignore. Actually,, lemme test this... EDIT: Sure does! LRR ignores it and loads the level as normal. So you can use it fine standalone. :)

Edited by aidenpons

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.