Lego Battles

Lord Maplefrost

Hello and welcome to RRU! ?

I think the major reason is that it's not immediately available. As someone without any consoles I've never had access to it - while I've been able to back-fill my collection of older PC Lego games I hadn't even considered Lego Battles. It took me many years to even become aware of its existence!

It's also my understanding that modding consoles is infinitely more difficult than modding PC games. LRR has the largest section a) because it's a very good game but also b) it's extremely easy to mod [1) unpack WAD files; 2) go ahead and edit, even in Notepad (not reccomended, but possible) 3) recompile!]

I'd be totally happy to be proven wrong though! I say this with minimal knowledge on Lego Battles other than it existed.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, aidenpons said:

It's also my understanding that modding consoles is infinitely more difficult than modding PC games.

I won't say that it's super difficult but it's more like different playground. If you want to be legal then the starting modding your game is the hardest part because you first have to own the game, then you have to own some dock where you can insert the game (that dock/system has to be accessed to PC) and you have to download the right programs to mod your ROM file (I think that it's almost impossible to hack your cardridge or it isn't worth it). Many console modders just makes their life easier and download the ROM files from internet and that's illegal.

Modding console games also needs usually homebrewed console which allows to mods be activated (luckily original DS/DS Lite have a little security and you don't have to download crazy homebrew installers). If I don't remember correctly it's not allowed to mod your console if you want to access internet services on that console so if you are ready to lose one feature on your console then you're ready to mod it.

About modding DS games: I think that it have been break down several times in DS hacking/modding communities. I belive that those communities have some modding tools to just export all the files which that game includes. I'm pretty sure that there's no level editors or other fancy programs to LEGO Battles. Maybe if someone talented at coding is willing to take task to check how LB works it can make modding of that game way easier than now. Now the modding involves checking every file, how they interact and then making little changes around the code and hope that it won't break the game.

@Lord Maplefrost If you are just interested to talk about LB then be brave and start conversation in Game Discussion :) I have played LB when I was child and I quite enjoyed it. To be honest that game have too many flaws which makes defence play more important than offence... But I like the themes and overall LEGO vibes around that game!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jugebox98 said:

I belive that those communities have some modding tools to just export all the files which that game includes.

I ripped music from LEGO Battles years back and also noticed at least one test map among its map files. Didn't really try modding it though. But if anyone wants to try, that might be a good starting goal; getting that loaded up in-game (swapping it around with one of the normal maps perhaps?).

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.