aidenpons

large.Critters.png.e874686b8eb419bb1529cc73bed5441d.png

I re-textured the Scorpion and reduplicated its stuff so I now have the Purple Scorpion and Green Scorpion!

Additionally, in the Scorpion folder there were also textures for a Small Scorpion which.... let's be real, looks pretty bad. :D If you wanted a smaller scorpion just grab the red one and change its Scale to something like 0.6.

Currently the AI just wanders round and scares raiders. You can zap them with lasers or with RR weapons. The patch also puts them in the .ol for Driller Night so you can see them all there.

Spiders, Snakes, and the original Red scorpion are already incorporated into this here.

Download! (Cafeteria patch. If you want a manual installation just unpack it and follow the instructions in script.txt, which tell you what needs to go where.)

Future Work:

- incorporating the aggressive Rock Monster AI into them

- making emerge and crumble animations (they currently vanish into a cloud of dust) now that I have Lightwave

- fixing how the scorpions essentially glow-in-the-dark (see the green one on the left in the screenshot).

Technical Notes if somebody wants to do something similar:

LRR's textures are handled as "Indexed" textures, which means that instead of saving RGB values, it saves a palette, and then every pixel refers to this palette. (Not immediately related, but transparency is handled by putting A###_restoffilename.bmp, where ### refers to the index of the colour you want to be transparent). This means that if you open a texture in Paint edit it, save it, it will crash as Paint only saves RGB textures. Fortunately GIMP can do all of this fine. Load it up, and then if you want to edit the colours, Image -> Mode -> RGB. Edit away (I mostly used the Colorize tool, under Colors -> Colorize), and then when you're done change it back to Image->Mode->Indexed (let it auto-generate a palette), and then export as a BMP. On the Export screen, expand the Compatibility box, and tick Do not write Color Space Information. The image will work if that box is left unticked but it will look silly).

Tada, your image has been put into an LRR format succesfully!

@Cyrem, when are you going to re-release a version of Cafeteria that actually works and doesn't duplicate stuff? :P EDIT: IT'S BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK :gasp:

coming soon to a non-forgotten overhaul near you

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.