My favorite LR1 and LR2 custom cars (+render)

Unit G17

I'm really fond of this custom mars hover car. Rocket Racer's car has nothing on it. :)
lHMoRhb.png

SWjyJ4G.png

DjICibO.png

zC3dDbd.png

A modern sports car made with the Dino island set:

gvUaAZh.png

X08SeSH.png

Unfortunately I can't get too creative with the other sets (Arctic in particular). While the Xalax set also has access to the huge jet engines and the stylish windshield, the available chassis sadly don't fit very well.

• Like 2

Fluffy Cupcake
14 hours ago, Unit G17 said:

Unfortunately I can't get too creative with the other sets (Arctic in particular). While the Xalax set also has access to the huge jet engines and the stylish windshield, the available chassis sadly don't fit very well.

This mod can help you step outside the limitations of being world bound if you desire to expand your creative options within LR2.

On 9/21/2019 at 12:07 PM, Mysteli said:

This mod can help you step outside the limitations of being world bound if you desire to expand your creative options within LR2.

Thanks for the tip, I may try it, tho for builds that I share I prefer to keep it vanilla. I mean with all chassis and parts available there would be almost no challenge. 

6 hours ago, dy_enforcer said:

A little inspiration won't hurt, though my creative skills are a bit limited.

Yes, I have seen them, I really like some of your Sandy Bay and Xalax builds. Your Mars vehicles inspired me to make this:

Mwe4pAu.png

liQpwxC.png

• Like 1

Here are some of my LR1 cars:
This one is basicly a carbon copy of Turbo Charger's car, I used it to quickly beat the game (under two hours, including time trials, yay)
mFb4fyt.png

This one reminds me of one of the pre-constructed mars hovers in LR2
wS9ePcv.png

A rally-ish car I used to use back in the days
NasJ3XO.png

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Unit G17 said:

Here are some of my LR1 cars:
This one is basicly a carbon copy of Turbo Charger's car, I used it to quickly beat the game (under two hours, including time trials, yay)
This one reminds me of one of the pre-constructed mars hovers in LR2
A rally-ish car I used to use back in the days

Nice builds. These red, white and blue colors reminded me of the one I made 2 years ago.

Also, not sure if you look into it, but did you know you can add extra colored bricks without ever changing some of them? This is why you see my custom Rob'N'Hood and Pharoah's Mummy cars have colors that you don't see in the game. Very useful if you want to make custom cars with different colors.

http://www.rockraidersunited.com/topic/4886-additional-brick-colors-mod/

8 hours ago, dy_enforcer said:

Nice builds. These red, white and blue colors reminded me of the one I made 2 years ago.

Also, not sure if you look into it, but did you know you can add extra colored bricks without ever changing some of them? This is why you see my custom Rob'N'Hood and Pharoah's Mummy cars have colors that you don't see in the game. Very useful if you want to make custom cars with different colors.

http://www.rockraidersunited.com/topic/4886-additional-brick-colors-mod/

Thanks!
Nice mod! I always wondered why the devs didn't add green colored bricks back then, I guess the 30 brick per set limit explains it.

A tiny explorien theme car:
PJIKIGK.png

2 hours ago, Unit G17 said:

Nice mod! I always wondered why the devs didn't add green colored bricks back then, I guess the 30 brick per set limit explains it.

I believe its more than just a 30 brick limit. If you know LEGO's history, The founder hates selling real-life warfare toys to children which contains green, tan, and dark grey color elements from uniforms to vehicles. Because of this, he limits those colored bricks to red, yellow, blue, etc as he is worried that the children may build tanks, aircraft, prison, etc. from those colors which their parents will complain to them. 

Nowadays, they have access to these colors and the rest is now history. :)

On 9/24/2019 at 8:54 AM, dy_enforcer said:

I believe its more than just a 30 brick limit. If you know LEGO's history, The founder hates selling real-life warfare toys to children which contains green, tan, and dark grey color elements from uniforms to vehicles. Because of this, he limits those colored bricks to red, yellow, blue, etc as he is worried that the children may build tanks, aircraft, prison, etc. from those colors which their parents will complain to them. 

Nowadays, they have access to these colors and the rest is now history. :)

:)
5GTOVA8.png

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.