Intro music - Without Sound Effects/Voice effects?

MrKalius

Hi guys. The Introduction music for Lego Rock Raiders has always been a favorite of mine, and a friend and I would love to listen to the Intro music from the PC Version without the voices/sound effects in the music/background - so just the raw music itself. I've been trying to search for this for years. But it's difficult with such an old game. I've trawled through the game files, but fail to find anything. I'm beginning to think possibly that the sound effects are baked into the video file itself?

Could anyone be of assistance?... I know it's a long shot, but if the old Dev's come back, it's a possibility to ask them, but the chances are very, very slim. I know you can easily rip the music from the game files itself (when actually playing the game) but trying to grab music from a Video file (without sound effects) is a very difficult task, especially if you're unsure were to look.

It's a shame that this music isn't part of the Soundtrack itself. If it's not possible to find the RAW music track without the effects/voices, is there anyway to Isolate the sound effects but keep the background music?

You can check out the music here.

Edited by MrKalius
Extra information.

As you say, the music is baked into the audio of the video file, and it's not hanging around anywhere. You can easily take the whole audio of the .avi (the file's on the disc under Data\AVI - paste the contents of that into your AVI folder in your LegoRR installation and you'll have LRR play the cutscenes regardless of disk in/out status), but as you say that also includes sound.

I know little about audio, but I also know this exists: an extended LRR intro which has no music, but does have sound and voice effects. This suggests it might be possible to subtract the sound effects from the sound effects and music, leaving you with just the music. So maybe that's something?

Also, welcome back to RRU :)

It's been my dream for the past fifteen years to listen to the intro music; definitely my favorite song in the game.  I've been hoping that someone could contact the game's soundtrack composers (listed in the credits as John Saull, Jon Harrison, and Joseph Harper) and see if they still have the raw file... but now, twenty years after the game's release, I'm not sure that they'll respond, or if they'll even remember working on the game.  It's definitely worth a try, though.  elrunethe2nd did some digging a couple years ago, which could provide a starting point.

• 1 year later...
On 4/29/2021 at 12:00 PM, Thomkok23 said:

Any updates about this? I would love to hear the intro music without voices aswell.

Nope , this music exist only in the intro video of the game.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.