Water Lot of Fun II

aidenpons

While replaying LRR for about the sixth time, I realised there was something about Water Lot of Fun that made it a fun level. The idea of having to hop over the river and re-establish Rock Raider HQ. Of course, there were many things that made it unfun: the capability to get 17 crystals out of 15 required on your starting island, the broken pathfinding, and the utter inability of RRs to work on both sides of the map at once.

With these limitations in mind, I set out to create a challenging map. Not in the normal sense of monster spam and slugs appearing from under your buildings (was considering that), or massive erosion (was considering that one too) - no, in this one, there just aren't enough crystals to go round.

You'll need to use all your LRR knowledge to win this one!

Spoiler

large.WaterLotOfFun2.png.c82dc48c14bb5432ce6f17e3770db9b6.png

Download! Plop into the Cafeteria folder of mods, install, and play.

REQUIRES CUSTOM LEVEL CAFETERIA FRAMEWORK - uses the Level 4 slot.

• 2 years later...

Hi, I am new here so I do not fully understand how this site works and if I should als my question here. But could you help me with your level 'water lot of fun 2'? I do not know how I should cross the water with the limited recources. I have tried to find the answer on your page but with no succes. 

Btw I love the fact that people are still active with this game. I found this game recently again and its still the same as before. So thank you for your effort to make custom levels so people can continue to play this game.

12 hours ago, Jeroen said:

Hi, I am new here so I do not fully understand how this site works and if I should als my question here. But could you help me with your level 'water lot of fun 2'? I do not know how I should cross the water with the limited recources. I have tried to find the answer on your page but with no succes. 

Btw I love the fact that people are still active with this game. I found this game recently again and its still the same as before. So thank you for your effort to make custom levels so people can continue to play this game.

Hello and welcome to RRU! :) The scene's a bit quiet nowadays, but there's still lots of treasures if you're willing to sift through the topics and see what lurks beneath the cavern surface ... although I would say if you're looking for more activity on the game, check out Manic Miners ;)

As for the level, there are a few solutions. It's tough, so I don't blame you.

The cheese solution:

Spoiler

Drill and dynamite what you can. Build a Power Station, Docks, and Teleport Pad. Manually depower the Teleport Pad. You should have two crystals in the bank, Order a Rapid Rider for teleportation. This won't immediately teleport, but thanks to a little bit of LRR Jank, the Rapid Rider will teleport down but drain everything from the grid (it will teleport down at an unpowered Docks). You can then sail across the water and continue the level.

The jank solution:

Spoiler

Using first person, posess a raider and jankily walk them onto the edge of the wall that meets the water by the Crystal Seam. Drill that and collect enough crystals to build a Rapid Rider and sail over.

The intended solution:

Spoiler

There is a Support Station on the other side of the river!! If you upgrade this, this means you have access to a whole host of extra things - including the Mining Laser. There's an Energy Crystal Seam right next to you, but you can't reach it. However, if you build a laser in the right position, you can zap it! (You'll need to depower your Teleport Pad so it doesn't hog the one crystal for power you have). Lasers are slow, and quite bad, but with the Recharge Seam you can take all the time in the world. That'll reveal a wall with 3 extra crystals - you can then use those crystals to teleport down a Tunnel Scout or a Rapid Rider (you'll want to teleport up the Mining Laser for a refund).

From there, there's another body of water where you have to do more or less the same thing over again, but that's the easy bit.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.