Lego Racers 1 [Remastered]

JaHu00

Hello everybody, so it's been quite a while since i maded an account on this website and for the past over the years the time has come. It's 20 year Anniversary,  I've been actually thinking about to make an unofficial fan made project about remastering this classic childhood game, but i can't do it alone. it will take me years to finish, i couldn't even release an early beta version of it. It's my first time i actually want to start something big, but it needs time , patience and especially more people to make textures, 3d modeling, sounds, music and people who have knowledge in coding. I actually have plans in my mind that could make everything perfect. 

I hope anyone could sign up in the comments.  IT WOULD BE EVERYONE'S WISH COME TRUE

Fluffy Cupcake

I'ma be blunt about this. When searching publicly for people let everyone know at least some of the 'big plans' before asking them to cover let's see, all the departments? People have better things to do then spend time on someone's else vision which doesn't show any initial solid potential of even coming to a good fruition, nor does it help when the visoner has no proof of being able to put in any work themselves.

People on the internet are smart and won't put in any nanosecond of work unless you give them a very good convincing reason that it's going to be a project worth their and everyone's while, this is especially true for big projects that take time.

11 hours ago, JaHu00 said:

IT WOULD BE EVERYONE'S WISH COME TRUE

Yeah. It would be our dearest wish to get new LEGO Racers game. What I have surfed in these forums there have been some other people who wish the same and have started their own projects. Only Papa Brickolini's "LEGO Racers Remastered" project have been our only promise so far.

Not trying too hard to flat your plans but could you introduce us first to your idea? Saying only "I want make a game based on this" doesn't tell us nothing honestly :/ Usually people makes some alpha/beta builds before they starts spreading word in internet and that's the way to interest people :) 

15 minutes ago, Jugebox98 said:

Only Papa Brickolini's "LEGO Racers Remastered" project have been our only promise so far.

Not trying too hard to flat your plans but could you introduce us first to your idea? Saying only "I want make a game based on this" doesn't tell us nothing honestly :/ Usually people makes some alpha/beta builds before they starts spreading word in internet and that's the way to interest people :) 

yea i actually want to release an early alpha or beta version of it, but first i need some people to work with me. Actually i don't want to make a new game but remaster the version of Lego racers 1 and i remember there was a topic about HD version of lego racers but the creator vanished and didn't come back to it. so i actually want to start something fresh. i would later make a progress on it and i don't want to steal anyone's project by just saying "Guys i maded a new version of lego racers 1" and only got HD and 16:9 widescreen vision that already exists. So yeah about the music i lastly listened to lego racers 1 theme remix it would be actually great to ask him about the permission to get his music in the main menu for my modification. i never give up if i have to finish something big ;).

2 hours ago, Mysteli said:

I'ma be blunt about this. When searching publicly for people let everyone know at least some of the 'big plans' before asking them to cover let's see, all the departments? People have better things to do then spend time on someone's else vision which doesn't show any initial solid potential of even coming to a good fruition, nor does it help when the visoner has no proof of being able to put in any work themselves.

People on the internet are smart and won't put in any nanosecond of work unless you give them a very good convincing reason that it's going to be a project worth their and everyone's while, this is especially true for big projects that take time.

your right, but i have big plans for it and first i need to get my modding tools back i will than show you a screenshot how this will look like. i don't want to give up like some people do on this forum :/

3 hours ago, JaHu00 said:

i don't want to make a new game but remaster the version of Lego racers 1

Ah well that's a different story then, a mod isn't as big of an undertaking as actually making a new game, though overhauls like this are still quite large tasks. You need to make a good plan to succeed. If you want people to join you helping, best bet is to show some of your own work towards the goal before asking for volunteers.

All the best with the project.

• 6 months later...
Cyberbrickmaster86

That's a great idea. I'd love to help, but I don't have any experience in game programming. If I can push myself into studying Fruityloops, I'll attempt to update the music, but you're more likely to get help from someone with more knowledge in composing.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.