LEGO Island .wdb Extractor

Hamhock666

57 minutes ago, Hamhock666 said:

Make sure to read the README file.

Speaking of using faces in the gifs folder. Why do you convert them to png? I'd assume they are actually gifs with multiple frames.

2 hours ago, mumboking said:

I'd assume they are actually gifs with multiple frames.

I wish that were the case. They are "gif" files, but they are simpler than the gif spec on wikipedia . If you just extract the raw bytes and try to save them as a gif file, it does not work. There is a palette of up to 256 colors and each pixel is a byte that references one of those colors.

I convert them to PNG because that is a standard lossless format for images. Saving them as gif files would probably also be less compatible with new software. How often do model makers use GIFs as textures these days?

This is the LI format for GIFs:

Spoiler

@gif
size_of_string UnsignedInt
gif_name String size_of_string
width UnsignedInt
height UnsignedInt
num_colors UnsignedInt

CHUNK colors num_colors
  r UnsignedByte
  g UnsignedByte
  b UnsignedByte
END

CHUNK rows height
  CHUNK pixels width
    color_index UnsignedByte
  END
END
RETURN

I am also questioning where the other facial expressions are stored. I will take another look at the files and see if I can spot anything, but as of now I have not been able to find them.

• Like 2

• lol username featured this topic
  • 2 years later...
berry-pepper-roni
On 3/17/2016 at 5:28 PM, Reddius said:

It would be neat if we could rip the other expressions of the characters too.

And all of the character animations, which would be useful for chromakey/greenscreens

• ShadowDraikana pinned this topic

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.