Can't open RRU without VPN

Brightfall

Since yesterday I got this error when trying to open RRU: ERR_CONNECTION_RESET. Today I tried open the site with VPN and it worked. Some time ago I had this issue, but it solved quickly somehow.
Any ideas why this happens?

Interesting, do you go to any other sites that you experience this with?

Have you tried clearing out all your browser data/tried another browser? Another test you could do is try a mobile phone via the same internet connection (via wifi) to see if you experience the same result.

6 hours ago, Cyrem said:

Interesting, do you go to any other sites that you experience this with?

Have you tried clearing out all your browser data/tried another browser? Another test you could do is try a mobile phone via the same internet connection (via wifi) to see if you experience the same result.

Well, I experienced it with NSFW and torrent sites, simple because they are blocked by provider. But I can't imagine for what RRU can be blocked :D . Maybe RRU just victim of new ban wave by my provider. 

And I can't connect to site with phone as well

6 hours ago, Brightfall said:

Well, I experienced it with NSFW and torrent sites, simple because they are blocked by provider. But I can't imagine for what RRU can be blocked :D . Maybe RRU just victim of new ban wave by my provider. 

And I can't connect to site with phone as well

Who's your provider? I can investigate.

18 hours ago, Cyrem said:

Who's your provider? I can investigate.

I checked on Roskomnadzor's site (Russian federal executive body responsible for censorship), RRU not on the list of blocked sites. So, I don't know what is stopping me to connect normally. 

On 8/17/2019 at 3:04 AM, Brightfall said:

I checked on Roskomnadzor's site (Russian federal executive body responsible for censorship), RRU not on the list of blocked sites. So, I don't know what is stopping me to connect normally. 

Thats why I thought it was possibly the devices. Does your ISP block cloudflare?

15 hours ago, Cyrem said:

Thats why I thought it was possibly the devices. Does your ISP block cloudflare?

No, it doesn't. I'm googled about cloudflare and my error,  some post on cloudflare's support suggested disable ECN, but it didn't help. Maybe I should open a ticket on cloudflare's support

The Brickster

I'm in Russia too, and I get an ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT error on my mobile device (my operator is MegaFon), but everything works fine through my home provider (Arbital). I was away from home, and I actually thought RRU was down for a couple of days XD

Anyway, I'll probably check other providers

I don't know how, but now I can access normally to RRU. Glad this solved, at least for now :)

UPD - Nah, it happens again

Maybe it has something to do with the DDOS attack on RRU from Russia some time ago, and Cloudflare's lingering blockage, maybe some shenanigans involving a dynamic IP...?

Just a thought.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.