C*.bmp files in FrontEnd Wad 0 and old Priorities

berylliumquestion

berylliumquestion

These pictures don't look entirely familiar. Were they used in development? They look like they could have been level pictures for the test levels.

Also, the old priorities window had three more slots than the one that ended up in the game. Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what those removed priorities used to be? I tried searching for old priorities on here, but I didn't find anything.

• Administrators
ShadowDraikana

Those BMPs are actually used as placeholders in the manual render of the level select screen.  The game only uses the ice variant, which is never displayed unless a level does not have a bmp specified for it.

As for the priorities, there are a bunch that are unused.  Unfortunately only two of them work and of those two only one is useful.  Furthermore, the construction priority that is active by default in the vanilla game is actually entirely broken.  It doesn't work lol.  In my mod I just replaced construction with the BuildPath priority.  See this topic for more information. See this topic for more info.

The other usable priority is for handling the construction barriers, ftr.

EDIT: aiden's post also links to a good topic on the priorities.  Most of the information prior to my post in that thread is unfortunately a bit embellished though...

Edited by Slimy Slug
Updated post
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, berylliumquestion said:

Also, the old priorities window had three more slots than the one that ended up in the game. Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what those removed priorities used to be? I tried searching for old priorities on here, but I didn't find anything.

You were so close with "removed priorities" but we've got a topic on that. Most of them are useless / don't do anything, with the exception of Priority_BuildPath - which controls the priority at which raiders will finish a power path / repair erosion. In vanilla LRR this is lower than Ore collection - leading to the often seen state whereby the ore is all there but nobody's shovelling the erosion away :(

As for the images under Interface\FrontEnd , they're presumably level pictures. I think if you fail to specify stuff in Lego.cfg properly in exactly the wrong way the game defaults to using these. There are all sorts of leftovers (page very incomplete, but it gives you a good indicator of the most interesting cut stuff).

EDIT: :ninja:'d by Slimy Slug....

• Thanks 1

berylliumquestion

Thank you, very much.

One more question though. The Pointers folder. It has a lot of pictures. My memory is a little fuzzy since I haven't been able to get LRR to work on any machine without severe graphical problems, being way too slow, or just crashing before I can finish a level. Anyway, there looks like a whole lot of unused ones, but one has me especially curious. Atelep.bmp . Was that going to be used to teleport things specifically to places you click? Or was it used? I honestly can't remember.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.