Rock Raiders and Life on Mars Balancing Desk Toy

Sandlot_Creations

Sandlot_Creations

These are two new scenes I have designed for my balancing desk toy project. 

The first is a Lego Rock Raiders scene featuring the Chrome Crusher (set 4970), the Tunnel Transport (set 4980) and a pair of Tunnel scouts (from the video game) flying over head.

The second is a Lego Life On Mars scene featuring the Red Planet Protector (set 7313), the Aero Tube Hanger (set 7317) with the flying vehicle from the same set flying overhead.

Below both photos is a video of it in action.

48406965827_846abe80e6.jpgLego Kinetic Balancing Desk Toy - Retired Lego Themed Scenes by Sandlot Creations, on Flickr

48406363141_75eb0c897e.jpgLego Balancing Desk Toy (Life on Mars Themed Scene) by Sandlot Creations, on Flickr

Here is a video of it in action!

Finally, If you'd like the Balancing Desk Toy to become an official product you can vote for it on Lego Ideas here https://ideas.lego.com/projects/235a536e-c6cc-4b0e-889f-1daf1403da88/updates#content_nav_tabs

There you will also see more scenes I've created. 

Thanks for watching and let me know other scenes you would like to see created! 

These are so cool, something I haven't personally seen in LEGO before! Really epic stuff, thanks for the nostalgia hit haha.

Sandlot_Creations
4 hours ago, JimbobJeffers said:

These are so cool, something I haven't personally seen in LEGO before! Really epic stuff, thanks for the nostalgia hit haha.

I’m glad you like it JimboJeffers! Any more nostalgic themes you’d like to see created for this project?

Johnny Thunder and Alpha Team are probably two of my other favourite childhood themes, if you're looking for ideas! A Johnny Thunder dogfight over some Egyptian architecture might work out pretty awesome.

Also BIONICLE but I have no idea how that'd work at this scale. :P

Sandlot_Creations
1 hour ago, JimbobJeffers said:

Johnny Thunder and Alpha Team are probably two of my other favourite childhood themes, if you're looking for ideas! A Johnny Thunder dogfight over some Egyptian architecture might work out pretty awesome.

Also BIONICLE but I have no idea how that'd work at this scale. :P

The adventurers theme is a great idea thanks! Bionicle would be really cool too... would be a bit tricky but I’m sure something for that can be designed. Thank you very much for the input!

This is actually really awesome and the micro builds are top notch! If i was to suggest another theme to do, i'd suggest Blacktron or Unitron. I think they'd look cool.

• Cool Bro 1

Wow, these are amazing! Despite being so small that is really clearly a Chrome Crusher and that is just definitely the Life on Mars purple air compressor thingy. Those are an amazing build by themselves, and that they're able to spin their craft around... phenomenal. I love the way the lava spills over the frame in the LRR one.

Amazing work!

• Like 1

Sandlot_Creations
On 7/30/2019 at 4:52 PM, Cyrem said:

This is actually really awesome and the micro builds are top notch! If i was to suggest another theme to do, i'd suggest Blacktron or Unitron. I think they'd look cool.

Thanks Cyrem!

I’ll definitely be doing a blackTron scene at some point. Especially because it does seem to be a very popular theme! Stay tuned?

7 hours ago, aidenpons said:

Wow, these are amazing! Despite being so small that is really clearly a Chrome Crusher and that is just definitely the Life on Mars purple air compressor thingy. Those are an amazing build by themselves, and that they're able to spin their craft around... phenomenal. I love the way the lava spills over the frame in the LRR one.

Amazing work!

Thank you Aidenpons!

i had fun making that lava spill!?

Be sure to support it on LEGO Ideas to make it into a set! If you could share this project around I’d really appreciate it?

any scenes you would like to see created?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.