A few questions on mods from a modding newb

NuRhoPsi

Hey folks! Couple questions, sorry for being a newb but I'm brand new to modding this game after dusting off my copy from a 10+ year hiatus. I got swept deep into the nostalgia and I'm so glad to see that ya'll have figured out to make this game functional on modern PCs. I used the community edition + dgvoodo to get my game running and all I can say is thanks so much for all of your work, it's really great to see all you folks for whom this game brings as much joy as it does for me. 

Question 1: I came across Baz's mod which seems to make the game a bit more of a challenge for a non 7-year-old. Is it possible to get that running in 1080p either with Cafeteria or some other approach?

Question 2: I download the Cafeteria packages for the upgraded terrain and rock raider models but they don't seem to be taking effect ... I've added them to the mods manager and everything seems to look ok but they aren't visible in game. EDIT: Didn't rebuild game, my bad

Question 3: I see some other mods listed on this site with upgraded buildings, vehicles, raiders with helmets etc. How do I get these other mods to work? I tried downloading Karsies overhaul and ran the installer but there was no change. EDIT: realized I wasn't putting things in the right place, also my bad

Sorry for the question dump and I appreciate any help! 

Welcome!

Nice to see someone trying out mods and thanks for trying out Community Edition!

I believe @rockboy is putting together a Cafeteria compatible version of Baz's mod.

However it may be possible to play it by duplicating your install directory, putting in the Baz's mod WAD files into that folder and re-setting up Cafeteria (delete the Cafeteria folder first). Cafeteria will use these WADs as the base game and apply the resolutions mods on top of that. I havemt teseted this, but it should work in theory.

5 hours ago, Cyrem said:

However it may be possible to play it by duplicating your install directory, putting in the Baz's mod WAD files into that folder and re-setting up Cafeteria (delete the Cafeteria folder first). Cafeteria will use these WADs as the base game and apply the resolutions mods on top of that. I havemt teseted this, but it should work in theory.

Thanks! You're right on the money there!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.