Lego Racers Expanding ;)

Rebelassault86

Rebelassault86

Hy all, I'd like to make an expansion for the original Lego Racers as a mod, with more maps, more bosses, and more.

I'd like to ask you how can I editing the maps, tracks, sounds, and mdoels and create new ones?

I've searched these files in the site, but i don't find anything. I've extraxted the JAm file but i can not open the .bmp files, and i can't open anything...

I've made many fancy maps, weapons, effects, npc-s, menu mods, scripts, for Q3 -based games like the jedi academy, wolfenstein and call of duty.

This is new for me and I'm totally lost.

The main idea is made new circuits for the Lego Racers game with the old sets, 
I'm thinking about new map themes and bosses:

Alpha Team

Life on Mars

Rock Raiders

A western themed map like in the Lego Chess
Complete star wars themed circuit...  (Yes, against Darth Vader :D )

What program is this:   ??????

320px-LegoRacers_KnighmareAthonShortcut2

And where i can get it??

Thanks for the answers,  looking for reply... :) 

If you're planning to put together custom tracks, you may want to try and make contact with @Sluicer, as he's the only one I know of who's managed to put together custom geometry for a track. It isn't currently known to me if there's a way to add custom tracks to the circuit menus, but if there is, there may be a limit on how many tracks can be in a circuit menu, like with bricks in the brick menu. It may not be possible to add additional menus either, so you may have to resort to replacing the existing maps like Sluicer's custom track. Custom car models are also doable.

You're in unfamiliar territory for the most part, but I wish you the best of luck! Even if you don't succeed, whatever you might discover in the process would be invaluable for future persons attempting to mod the game.

Rebelassault86

Thank you all for the answers, I lost many time of my life because my job, but i'll try the best, and come back with many questions for succeed.
Anybody have other ideas?
For replacing maybe the "Baron's circuit will be the best because that campaign is only a reverse race.
It is so boring for me...
But I know from other game editing the limit of all thing can be edited too ( in the game Empire At War Forces Of Corruption I made a 4th side the Hutts, that work is finished with the original models, because my model's textures always crashed, the game deleted the textures, and when I put them on .MEG files, I lost the Meg files with every game restart XD ).
But the old thing always better, like this game, 
And for last, I'm now try to expand the resolution to 600x800, now the Lego Racers on my computer shifted to rigt and I can't see the full minimap while I'm in a race...

I know, always make a copy from the original files...
or must unistall and reinstall always :/  

33 minutes ago, Rebelassault86 said:

Thank you all for the answers, I lost many time of my life because my job, but i'll try the best, and come back with many questions for succeed.
Anybody have other ideas?
For replacing maybe the "Baron's circuit will be the best because that campaign is only a reverse race.
It is so boring for me...
But I know from other game editing the limit of all thing can be edited too ( in the game Empire At War Forces Of Corruption I made a 4th side the Hutts, that work is finished with the original models, because my model's textures always crashed, the game deleted the textures, and when I put them on .MEG files, I lost the Meg files with every game restart XD ).
But the old thing always better, like this game, 
And for last, I'm now try to expand the resolution to 600x800, now the Lego Racers on my computer shifted to rigt and I can't see the full minimap while I'm in a race...

I know, always make a copy from the original files...
or must unistall and reinstall always :/   

If you're talking about the screen resolution the game runs in, the game natively has support for higher resolutions, but it's not in the in-game options menu. If you create a shortcut for the game and tag -horzres [x] -vertres [y]* onto the end of the target path, it will change the resolution that the races display at. It, sadly, does not change the menu resolution, though.

*Where [x] and [y] are your desired horizontal and vertical resolution values, respectively. For example, I have the values set to 1920 and 1080.

• Cool Bro 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.