Infinity Crystal/Ore seams!

BlenderIsac

BlenderIsac

Did you know that you can get infinity crystal seams in Rock Raiders?

How To:

Find a seam with another drillable wall beside it. If the wall beside the seam has crystals/ore in it, then you can get a infinity crystal/ore seam. Drill the Seam so that it shrinks once. Then drill the wall next to the seam as much as you like. Ta-Da! You have a wall that will never break and all resources (And Small Spiders) will appear on top of the wall.

I found the same thing out a little earlier:

Have a vidya:

To my knowledge this is entirely impossible in vanilla LRR though as no map has a resource in a wall next to a Seam. I could be wrong though - can you recall which level did that specifically?

(Bonus: In this state the wall is insta-drilled by anything. Mining it in 1st Person will cause general lag, stupidity, and if you're an RR on foot, small spider spam. This is why the wall was not OKHO'd instantly, but after it was 'demolished' once, was.

(Bonus bonus: While screwing around with mass seams I found you can get single wall standalones.... You can't get infinite resources out of them, but it's odd you can get a standalone at all.)

Also, welcome to RRU! :)

lol username
3 hours ago, aidenpons said:

(Bonus bonus: While screwing around with mass seams I found you can get single wall standalones.... You can't get infinite resources out of them, but it's odd you can get a standalone at all.)

Hah, I wanna see a pic/video of this.

1 minute ago, jamesster said:

Hah, I wanna see a pic/video of this.

Ignore that I'm using Time Raiders: this was just because it had a map I know this could be pulled off with. You can do it with fewer Seams (I think?) but this works.

I'm using NumDel to knock the seams down three (not four!) times.

It's not too interesting, just general LRR silliness.

As for what they look like in first person mode... well, about as silly as you expect:

Spoiler

large.OneTileWalls1stPerson.png.60d22f89305144b40ea49b645b36dabc.pnglarge.OneTileWalls.png.746eb16d06b5feb0da1a7e0674b084e5.png

• Like 2

BlenderIsac
15 hours ago, aidenpons said:

To my knowledge this is entirely impossible in vanilla LRR though as no map has a resource in a wall next to a Seam. I could be wrong though - can you recall which level did that specifically?

It was Baz's Mod.

15 hours ago, aidenpons said:

Also, welcome to RRU! :)

Thanks! I just got my account a couple of days ago, but i've been really liking this site for ages. I was going to make a Slimey Slug short movie with the textures at the old wikia. I didn't have Rock Raiders at that time.

Cool standalone walls. I didn't know you could do that. I have a couple of other glitches that i'd like to share. Can you tell me if anyone has talked about:

Lasering Inset walls

Walking on Water (Edge of walls) (I saw one post but it wasn't a topic)

Dynamiting inset walls

Why Baz's Mod Slimey Simple Ice Version is so easy! (Easier than Baz's Mod Frozen Frenzy!)

How to evade Small Spiders by clicking on the Rock Raider

Sorry for double posting, I did look through game guides to see if someone else had already posted it.

Ah, Baz's Mod. Yup, that'd do it.

13 hours ago, BlenderIsac said:

Thanks! I just got my account a couple of days ago, but i've been really liking this site for ages.

I hope you stick around! RRU generally moves quite slowly, so don't be surprised if nothing happens much. Stick around for

RRU's fancy shmancy forum update auto-merges double posts ;)

Lasering Inset walls - Lasering corner walls like this that wouldn't be drillable otherwise, you mean?

where S represents Solid Rock (or anything else really) and D represents a wall that can be shot with lasers, and . indicates the already revealed ground?

S S D
. . S
. . S

Fairly well known, although not written down anywhere, and used occasionally in some level design.

Walking on Water (Edge of walls) (I saw one post but it wasn't a topic) - It hasn't been written down anywhere but it's reasonably common knowledge to anyone who played vanilla LRR Air Raiders that RRs can indeed walk along a flat wall that borders water. This sometimes makes them better at crossing water than the Rapid Rider. :P

Dynamiting inset walls - I'm not sure what you're talking about here (pictures or ASCII art would help out a lot :P ) Dynamite has a track record of generally being very stupid, and you can also use it to damage sleeping monsters though.

Why Baz's Mod Slimey Simple Ice Version is so easy! It's been a long time since I played Baz's Mod but it's generally well known (& written down somewhere.... not sure where though :P) that you can generally exploit slugs by any of the following:

- Teleporting down a ton of expensive vehicles that sit around and do nothing (Laser Cutters are good for this) to keep your crystal count down (which controls the amount of slugs that spawn because those scripts are absolutely atrocious), then mass-teleport them up and race to the crystal count you need

- Walling off slug holes like so - not every hole needs to be walled off, eventually all the slugs will spawn in the one hole & you can continue peacefully

- Paving over slug holes (no wait that doesn't work :tf:)

- Teleporting up your Tool Store, which prevents drained crystals from actually going somewhere, so slugs now effectively don't do anything

- Various mod shenanigans to get rid of 'em (the easiest being enabling debug keys and hitting F12 to disable the NERP script)

I'm not sure which of those you know of / use / were thinking of? Or is there a new one?

How to evade Small Spiders by clicking on the Rock Raider - Again, not written down anywhere, but it definitely does come in handy for Driller Night :P I think this works whereby if you select a RR, then they slip, then you tell them to do something they instantly get out of slip and start moving.

Also, if/when you do make a post about the glitches, a picture explains a thousand words ;)

• Like 1

BlenderIsac

Oh, so I wasn't the first ?

The dynamite one isn't very interesting. There's this trick you can use to click on inset walls and click dynamite. It doesn't get dynamited, but the wall still goes red.

In Slimey Simple Ice Version you can actually use toolstores to block the Slimey Slugs. You just build them right around your base and teleport down a LMLC. Since there's Recharge Seams near your base, it doesn't matter how much you laser walls. Rock Raiders and Small Transport Trucks can go through Toolstores, so it works perfectly.

20 hours ago, aidenpons said:

I hope you stick around! RRU generally moves quite slowly, so don't be surprised if nothing happens much. Stick around for

Thanks! I saw Revenge of the Monsters. I was looking for one with snakes, big spiders and scorpions so I think i'll get it. 

I'm currently working on a Top-Down 2D Rock Raiders remake (Yes i've seen all the other times people have started one?) in Godot. I've almost gotten the walls to behave properly and i'm working on the Job assign for the Rock Raiders. Even if I don't finish it I can make other Top-Down 2D Rock Raiders games with all the assets i'll have. I need to convert every bmp file to png, take out the alpha backgrounds and rotate every wall picture about four times so if you want to help then there is plenty to do.

• 1 month later...
BlenderIsac

Vanilla Erode Works (Or Vanilla Lava Laughter, can't remember which) has a hard rock wall next to a seam and two seams together.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.